Vectra B Aircon system issues

bigdunk1985

Hey all

I'm trying to work out what the cause of my air conditioning problems are.

Basically I bought the car back in Feb 2013 and have never had to use the air con up until the last few days, which is when i found out that my aircon is not working.

I am unsure of whether there is any gas in the system, but started to do the cheap checks first (fuses). I have also plugged my opcom in as I know that you can get details of the aircon system status from it.

So... Engine running, interior fan on full, aircon button on

I get this:

A/C Information Switch (Air Conditioning) ACTIVE
A/C Relay (Air Conditioning) INACTIVE
A/C Cutoff Mode (Air Conditioning) SYSTEM OK

There isn't an option to see the Aircon pressure available (as is possible in the later cars)

When I switch the aircon on, I don't hear any sort of clicking from the car nor is there a difference in the revs

I am wondering.. Is the issue down to the relay or no pressure in the system

Just don't want to waste £40-50 regassing it to find out that there is something major wrong.

Car is a 2002 Vectra B 2.2 (Z22SE)

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
have a look in the cooling module page it will show the system pressure (in op-com) if the system is empty the pump will not turn on :)

milo

Hey bud had same issue https://z22se.co.uk/threads/air-con-need-re-gas.24036/ I took my car to halfords as they doing free air con system checks and you get 15% off a recharge and i think it was till end of July. But i had same issue, hit air con button no cold air and no change in revs. It was down to system being out of gas. Now regas and lovely and cold.......shame sun gone now :( Hope this helped

Last edited by a moderator:

bigdunk1985

Checked all the air con pipes and all seem fine to me, but I'm no expert when it comes to air con

Looks like I will have to take it to a garage for a recharge and hope for the best.

Really hope it is just low on gas, as my 04 vectra had the same problem and it turned out to be the clutch on the compressor, which weren't cheap at the time

milo

Take it to halfords bud for the free check. They done a pressure check for leaks and checked the compressor. Then if its broke u not be stung for a regas u didn't need.

corsaZ22se

should be filled with uv dye, if you can get hold of a uv lead lamp have a good look around the condenser for leaks. the lower parts are prone to leaking as there right in the firing line from small stones etc. I have 2 here if you need 1?
fitted one brand new 2 years before scraping my vec b. the other is no genuine and doesn't fit with gsi irmscher front bumper. :(
they only fit the z22se Vectra b.