Z22SE air con need re gas???

milo

Hi guys have a quick question about my air con. Went for quick spin to the shops and went to turn on the air con as car was baking hot still. I noticed the revs didn't move once I hit the switch and nothing cold came out. Could it be a simple need to regas the system?? Maybe not enough gas in system come on??

Anything I can check to make sure its nothing more serious or go get the system recharged and hope it kicks back in??

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
if the system has low pressure the a/c pump wont come on
if the system has low pressure there is a leak
r134a is a refrigerant it never goes off it never gets weak and cools less only way for it to not cool effectively is if the gas has leaked or air has been pulled into the system
my only advice is to take is somewhere that will do an inspection and refill
there are kits you can buy for diy that have sealant in but most of the time mess the txv up
:)

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
i paid £35 at vx to have the system refilled after it was drained for the climate control retro fitting
but i knew it was not leaking so just had it refilled

milo

£35 not bad price. Last few weeks I was getting a funny chemical smell when I had the air con for a while. I'll take it to halfords for the free air con check and give vx a ring to get it recharged. Hopefully just needs some gas

Sjdickso

Staff
Check your condenser my was knacked just had it fitted and and system re-gassed. Common fault that they fail at the bottom of the condenser.

milo

All is fine with the air con!!! Had it to halfords at lunch time as they doing a free health check on all car air cons. For £50 i got a bacteria clean out and then the system recharged. Now its so cold :cool: