Tuning Advice Again Z22SE

DeanoVIP

I've decided to start a new thread on this for a few reasons, firstly my car has done over 100k so I wanted this to be considered and secondly with the MOT changes I was concerned about what mods may be considered a failure now?

The car is standard apart from no EGR valve which I presume was done at VX as its completely gone. I'm not looking to go the SC route but more the NA tuning approach to add a little more power to the car and improve handling as well. Is there a good place to start, I've been going through the threads and there are so many different options brands people say do and don't but I guess after all these years, most methods are tried and tested.

Oh and lastly if anyone has a genuine coil pack laying around please let me know :)

corsaZ22se

why not SC? its so cheap to get a 100+ bhp gain.
Taking my n/a z22se for mot on saturday should pass as it has done in previous years?

DeanoVIP

I guess I just worry about adding that power to an older engine, like what gremlins am I going to find. Plus it has the stopping power of a mouse right now, so looking to source the bist to increase the disc size for the fronts, some Mtec discs and not sure on pads yet.

corsaZ22se

little bit of rework to the engine and you will be fine.
upgrade brakes and suspension first.
i have been running padgids on the corsa for a long time with no problems. cheap enough from euros when they have a weekend promo on

milo

I guess I just worry about adding that power to an older engine, like what gremlins am I going to find. Plus it has the stopping power of a mouse right now, so looking to source the bist to increase the disc size for the fronts, some Mtec discs and not sure on pads yet.

My coupe had done 92k when it got fitted with sc kit, made 267 bhp then fitted vxr brakes which is a cheap mode for better stopping power. I had a compression test done just before i sold it and all 4 cylinders were very strong and the car milage was upto 157k. I'd easy done the most mileage with sc kit fitted.