Throttle Bodies for the 2.2 soon..

Daz

Former Staff
vocky said:
the kits are being produced now, not on sale yet, as the software needs a final tweaking

initial power figure around 215 bhp, not confirmed yet

cost expected to be around £2500 :eek:

plus fitting................unless you fit them yourself :D

Wot about the software tho...they wud need to sort that for you wudnt they?

Daz

Former Staff
Thats the only thing that puts me off...can fit it no prob...but its the software thing..

jammy

ooo thats not so bad then, i thought it was 2.5k just for the throttle bodies and the software, its not so bad when its new wiring loom and ecu!
tbh its quite a cheap mod when you consider the power increase!!! i cant imagine how the engine will sound! any change of a group buy? lol :D

coopa

The car that Thorney is claiming that power output on also has:

Schrick cams/springs, ported head and lightened flywheel (£2500)
Full milltek exhaust system for the vx220 (£1050)

Also this car has a new exhaust manifold, for which no costs have been released.

In other words there is more to the overall price than meets the eye.

vocky

Staff
what we need is the 'at the wheel' figure's for:

1, sc conversion on standard engine
2, sc conversion on a tweaked engine
3, tb's on standard engine
4, tb's on a tweaked engine

my golden rule is 'never believe a flywheel figure', unless it's from an engine dyno

ALL flywheel figures are 'guess-timates' from rolling roads, they only measure the 'at the wheel' figure

ASTRA2.2BADLAD

Saw it in the TV mag , them throttle bodies look mint think of all that cold air rushing in from the front , how much are they anyone know yet bet they dear cheers..

pxc150

i have a question, will they lock code the ecu? cuz we want to turbo pxc and regal will lock the ecu so every time we want to do more. we have to travel four hours to southampton to get them to tailor the ecu which could do damage :?

vocky

Staff
pxc150 said:
i have a question, will they lock code the ecu? cuz we want to turbo pxc and regal will lock the ecu so every time we want to do more. we have to travel four hours to southampton to get them to tailor the ecu which could do damage :?
might be worth buying a stand alone ecu (emerald etc) and have it programmed for you, use a saab aero turbo manifold etc and the cost will be less than the dbilas - even with the programming costs

vocky

Staff
update:

stage 1 power gains 25-40 bhp :)

so I assume that means a standard 145 bhp becomes 170bhp, but with the increased rev limit will equal 185 bhp notsure.gif

I'm not sure what the rev limit is, but personally I don't think over 7250rpm is any good for a standard bottom end dunno..

will post more info when its available :roll:

Sjdickso

Staff
Nice one but i am slightly dissapointed with the BHP outcome.

I know you will inform us more but do you know the outcome of the price Neil?

Robin

That seems really quite poor to be blunt*, but I suppose it depends on the spec of the kit.

To put it in to perspective, an X16XE with a throttle body kit bolted on (no other mods) running a base map would make about 150bhp at 7500rpm, a full 44bhp gain, with a backwards head and a 600cc handicap.

*IMO of course.

vocky

Staff
to be honest, 40 bhp is a big gain and the most I would expect from throttle bodies :)

what worries me is the high rpm rev limit to achieve it :eek: