random misfire!! .please help.

kinglarry001

i should have checked chain/timing first! but at the time it didnt seem to missfire!

it did, but i just didnt notice it or know what it felt like.

but as it only seems to miss when under load then does that sound like skipped/loose chain to you? doesnt miss when idling or not in gear!

MikeS

Former Staff
a tech2 can tell if the chain is out as the chain is set by the tech2 when it is installed

they told me within minutes at the vxhall dealership that the timing was fine

when the timing is out you struggle start the car up and she starts to tap about

you would know something is wrong

yours does sound electrical

kinglarry001

the guy at vx said it would only tell you if the timing was quite far out! not if it was only a little.

would it struggle every time?

but if the chain was slack (unsure of technical term) then as no load is on, it isnt really missing (well light flashing) then when under load the chain would strech (take up slack) and would throw it out of timing just a little.

like i said before mate, im no mechanic or even a good knowledge of engines, just thinking it from a logical way.....well, my way lol

but if its electrical, then only 2 sensors i aint changed is knock and crank/cam (which ever one we have)

kinglarry001

not yet mate, but i dont drive now, only to gargae or test drive! might pick up g/f tonight and see what happens.

i didnt want to drive her cause was worried about the missfire and the damage it could cause.

kinglarry001

i think i might of found the cause for the fuse poping.

when i was fitting the spacer to 2nd lambda sensor, i must of niked the insulation to one of the wires! think that was touching sensor/chasis. and blowing the fuse. as it only happened just after i started the car, cause doesnt the exhaust pipes always rattle/move most on start up?

MikeS

Former Staff
dont panic m8 just take it easy driving the car

unless the car is seriously rattling on startup then i dont think your chain is fubar

can u confirm lambda wires are shorting ?

kinglarry001

think i will drive it tonight, if i pop any more fuses (got 3 spare lol) then tuck her up till i get timing done. dont really want to run the risk of fubaring the engine.

will try andf get a video recording of engine on start up and tick over. post them up and see what you reckon.

not sure how mate. i tapped it up and seeing how it goes.

MikeS

Former Staff
yeh get some vid with sound

i think a few of us will know if the timing is out

start her up for us

MikeS

Former Staff
i aint 100% sure, your best off asking benny

i was under the impression they could check considering you need a tech2 when putting a new chain in

MikeS

Former Staff
photobucket is fine m8

just upload and the web server should detect the file type and should allow streaming