I think this'll fit.......

astra22bertoneauto

What are you going to do with the PCV? The TIG has a different layout for that and I think your manifold will not support it?

PCV? sorry could you expand on this?

The TIG was minus 1 bolt hole but it does not make a difference as long as you get it secured on all other bolt holes. You will need to find longer bolts if you use the Courtenay gasket. I used some bolts from a spare set of cam cover bolts i had laying about.

Don.Hasi

PCV=positive crankcase ventilation. You see the hole in the middle between the 2. and 3. cylinder.

aforum.opel_speedster_club.de_uploads_monthly_10_2008_post_1554_1223147574_thumb.jpg

You have no counter part on your manifold. So what will you do with it?

astra22bertoneauto

PCV=positive crankcase ventilation. You see the hole in the middle between the 2. and 3. cylinder.

Ahhh i understand now. It is blanked off from within the head & the cam cover breather goes to atmosphere. The plenum does blank this off but to stop the pcv filling up with oil it was blanked off.

Don.Hasi

Mhh.. Liquid metal would be everlasting.... The silicone variant should be reversible. Only a gasket between the two flanges will not be enough?

vocky

Staff
a gasket will be okay, but the oil will build up inside the head and leak out from under the manifold, so best to make the modification at the source, rather than at the manifold gasket

Don.Hasi

Ok. So what has to be done exactly? Is it enough to do some silicone in the hole from the outside or has the valve cover to be lifted?

astra22bertoneauto

Blanked inside? How have you done this? Please tell me more :)

I have quite literally put a (piece of) cork in it! So enjoy a bottle of wine and then reuse the cork. Obviously cut to size to fit in the hole. So remove cam cover and fit cork to block off the PCV. :) All 3 of my cars have this mod and loving it.

Hope that helps and sorry didnt get back to you sooner (y)

Don.Hasi

Sounds like a smart solution (y)

I have no experiences with cam covers off... is this a simple de- and remount? Do I need a new gasket for remounting the cover?

And again... would it be possible to do seal it from the outside with RTV or sth similar?

astra22bertoneauto

Yeah cam cover removal is fairly straight forward - just remember to reconnect your earth strap when refitting. You can fit new cam cover gaskets whilst its off but if there is no evidence of leaks then upto you for peace of mind.

You could seal it from outside i guess but there will be oil build up behind it in the vent - what if any effect it has long term i dont know (it may degrade over time). The cork option works for me thou.

Don.Hasi

You could seal it from outside i guess but there will be oil build up behind it in the vent - what if any effect it has long term i dont know (it may degrade over time).

good point!

Do you have the other port installed on the mani or do you use a catch can for this?

mh... what have all the SC and TC-conversions done in this point? I can´t believe, that they have all the PCV activated or proper blocked?