I think this'll fit.......

astra22bertoneauto

Managed to get hold of a plenum for the z22se. Lots of modding & re-arranging todo now :eek:

04032012431.jpg04032012432.jpg04032012433.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

damon

now its been on the car a few months how does it fare compared to the original, kind of looks like it was designed for forced induction as with the TB being to one end of the plenum and the plenum itself not being tapered there is a chance of lower air speeds / density on 1st cylinder maybe?

astra22bertoneauto

now its been on the car a few months how does it fare compared to the original, kind of looks like it was designed for forced induction as with the TB being to one end of the plenum and the plenum itself not being tapered there is a chance of lower air speeds / density on 1st cylinder maybe?

TBH I havent even done 1 mile in it yet. Its running and sounds fantastic with the cone filter but that was 1 in a list of things im doing. Since i fitted that ive got some 308mm calipers/cradles etc which were in a filthy state, so they needed cleaning. Fitted my Depo sharkeye headlights but had to wait for the headlight washer parts to arrive (still waiting for the relay). Picked up some black leather interior and fitted that. Got a Sat Nav centre console which im in the process of fitting a 5" screen to. Made a cover plate for the info screen and moved that down to the lower radio slot. Fitted the TC button & loom. Got a Turbo steering wheel with grey strip at the bottom off ebay for £50, so that went on. Ive got my other coupe to run around in atm but i cant wait to get it finished & MOT'd thou.

In the mean time ive been rebuilding my mates z18xe engine out of his zafiral dualfuel. Someone in Luton done a rebuild but didnt fit the piston ring correctly, or clean the block/head properly. Result was the metal head gasket went and the piston broke up. Heres a pic taken today.....
2012-07-11-082.jpg
2012-07-11-083.jpg

Fitted new mains & big end bearings, piston rings & cleaned all pistons. New oil pump, water pump & clutch plate. Now just need to get the head fitted & dropped in.

damon

wow some one has been busy, have to concur with Din though think those piston inserts will cause compression issues :), just finished doing cambelt and waterpump on my other halfs z18xe, annoyingly i mistakenly used the torque settings from a x18xe (dont ask, sleep deprvation / rushing etc ) and snapped one of the water pump bolts and over tightened the other two, currently just using the two and seem to run ok but kind of waiting for the inevitable problems though, could have been worse I only noticed i was looking at the wrong engine code when it made reference to the oil filter location, originally i timed it up as a x18xe (completely different) so glad i noticed before i timed it up proper.

have done the TC mod on my coupe but if im honest i always forget to use it, nice to have it though, have been thinking about brakes but first the old girl is going on a diet, nothing to extreme but weight loss aids the exisiting brakes without the need to add to unspung mass, aids accelleration etc think i have lost about 50kg just removing tat from arounf the car without losing any of the comforts so far, the only asthetic mods i have are black wheels, black boot strip and black V grill, ill be porting / polishing the TB this weekend along with a few airbox mods to increase flow have done the standard vec c pipe etc already, as i already have a exhaust manifold / catback my thoughts are now on the inlet manifold, not keen on the 2.4 one so will be interested in your thoughts when you get chance to drive it.

cheers

si.c1978

should be good paul, looks very similar to jap style inlets but with shorter runners presumably for the room issues of inlet at the front.(y)

astra22bertoneauto

There seems to be some issues with piston protrusion there !

Oh darn ill have to replace them hehe. is this better?

2012-07-11-085.jpg

my thoughts are now on the inlet manifold, not keen on the 2.4 one so will be interested in your thoughts when you get chance to drive it. cheers

I will let you know once i get it MOT'd

should be good paul, looks very similar to jap style inlets but with shorter runners presumably for the room issues of inlet at the front.(y)

Thanks Si. Yeah there is not much room at all. I have a post with it all fitte, have a look half way down at the pictures.

https://z22se.co.uk/threads/the-story-so-far.21104/

Last edited by a moderator:

corsaZ22se

i used a simialar gasket on my x20xev, made a big differance to that. throttles used to suffer from heat soak and it cured that. (y)

Don.Hasi

I am in a similar situation... What are you going to do with the PCV? The TIG has a different layout for that and I think your manifold will not support it?