I think fuel pump is faulty but need to make sure.

Dande

Hi,

I have a problem with my 07 Zafira Z22YH. I had a misfire only and EML light on. I was advised by most people to change the coil pack even though I was not convinced it was that. It made the car run better and stopped the misfire but the car still jolts in hesitation when pushing hard in 3rd gear and the spanner/car light came on.

I plugged it into Op-Com to record the live data and there was also a code for P1191 - 52. So I went for a drive and recorded it and when I checked at the point where it hesitated, The pressure dropped below 1 KPa even though it was requesting around 9.5 KPa. Does this mean it's pretty much guaranteed to be the HP fuel pump?

Also there seems to be a small leak where the fuel pipe union connects to the HP fuel pump. I attached a picture. Could this cause this problem?

It's not worth buying a new pump, so I will probably have to try and recon it myself. I am a level 3 Automotive student so should be doable for me.

I will also attach the live data log for the drive I went on, The pressure drop is near line 21210.

Any help or advice would be really great, thanks in advance.

20210412_140026.jpg

Attachments

• Log.zip
    75.5 KB · Views: 126

Dande

Feels a bit rude to be honest when he has been on multiple times since I messaged and came on 1 minute after I last posted so obviously seen this. If someone messaged me in a polite way asking for my help then I would at least acknowledge them. Might as well cancel registration on this forum and make it read only.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
Ive been busy but I have replyed to the pm now
I pop on the forum to get thread links or to down load individual images from the past to use again
So you may have seen me as online
It could of been worse and you had messaged me on Facebook takes about 10days to get a reply