Black ops: what do you think?

blue se2

As above what do you think to the game?

I'm not sure yet but sure it will be a grower
I don't think the graphics are as good as MW2 and the voices are realy anoying dunno..

MikeS

Former Staff
it is oki

nothing special i might add

multi player was laggy last night but i do think that is down to many people downloading the game direct from steam etc

majority of the maps are primed for sniper

also they seem to have increased on the potency of bullet penetration again just likemw2 where u can get killed instantly whereas on cod4 you could sidestep and manoeuvre and counter attack

so all in all not that impressed with multi player as it feels a bit like mw2 but more camping and more complexed achievements

i still play cod4 cos i find it more playable

as for single player i felt as if i was watching pre map summary's more than actually playing the game

if i wanted that i would download 3dmark for example

astra22bertoneauto

Honestly - Treyarch are still trying very hard to copy the Infinity Ward multiplayer gameplay but again they have failed! To be reasonable its a little better that COD: World at War but nowhere as good as Modern Warfare or MW2!

The new Zombies level is good and I think there will be more good zombie maps in the future. This i think they are good at as well as the solo campaign.

Better Luck next time Treyarch!

si.c1978

this makes me feel better as i have held off of getting it as assassin's creed comes out next week, and ill end up fixated on that!
me mrs would kill me if all my money got spent on games!

cpwfos

well i held off a bit on my opinion till id had chance to hammer it which i have done this week coz ive been off work and i can honestly say i absoloutley love it i cant really compare it to mw2 coz i find it quite different in many ways but all i can say is this week ive thought of playing nothing else even mw2 which i never left alone beforehand i love all the customization options and the currency is a great idea also no cheats, hackers ,boosters,quickscopers,run and stab guys and hardly any noob tubers overall a much less frustrating and more satisfying online experience also i thought the solo campaign was very good if not a little bit short but every cod game ive played has had a short campaign so i didnt expect much more if i do have any critism at all its the audio which although im getting used to now i dont think its as good as it could have been also graphically not quite as polished as ifinity wards offerings

Mark Dj

Former Staff
I am getting used to it now. I like how it records all your games. Would be good if you could get the copy of the game you played onto your pc some how notsure.gif

Daz

Former Staff
only got it today.. played the campaign for a while, then went online... and had my arse blown up by mark and his rc car...lol

delgado900

I really want Black ops :( cant go out any buy it cus my brother kinda told me he has it for me for xmas ....inconsiderate B##tard !!!

delgado900

He lives in oxford , plus i lost his spare key (probably should tell him that ) notsure.gif

might just have to man up and play a bit of MW2 (n)

MikeS

Former Staff
mp5k with rapid fire

silent running as well

deep impact and steady aim

same setup as cod4 and still owning

getting sub 40ms pings with 90 fps

blue se2

Well I have changed my mind I'm hooked again

the most anoying thing though is when trying to start a party seems to loose conection a fair bit??
And with warload on (enables 2 weapon attatchments) you cant have a barel attacthment and a seight?? just a seight and silencer or extra magazines etc.

Drakey

I'm not jumping in until I've played it, still banking on GT being released (24th Nov)
Neighbours got Black Ops so will give him a knock and have a watch.
Played MW2 at the weekend and I still love it, just gutting when the friends list shows every other bugger on B Ops !!!!!

Mark Dj

Former Staff
Does anyone else have trouble with the Black Ops freezing up online matches notsure.gif . Mine sometimes jams on a page so I have to re boot the Ps3 dunno..

cpwfos

i love it even more now and the more i play it the more i forget about mw2 u just cant play it the same way its more realistic combat and a good tactical sense needed plus i love the gun atatchments and the new perk challenges to go pro is a great idea im back at work this week and im really missing it already will be on in just a few hours though but i want to play now now now
:(

blue se2

finding it very hard to join lobbies with friends ATM

and there seem to be a lot of players with modded controlers got shot by a guy last night while he was in last stand with a pistol that shot faster than my Famas? lol