Any Engine Boffins on here to lend a hand ???

vocky

Staff
does sound like too much oil

a tip for fitting the injectors - oil the O ring seals, then the injectors will slide into the head

A

Ashley 2.2

ok so today ive flushed out my engine with forte engine flush and put new oil in at the correct level. sounds and runs like a dream.. as of yet no misfire......
this has been one big service he he

A

Ashley 2.2

been driving for about 100 miles now and nothing until i was coming home this morning from shoppin and she starting misfiring again. i turned the engine off and started it up and it was completely fine and drove perfectly home. so now i need to try and fit my injector rail. god i hope it is my injectors. if not someone told me its me crank sensor ?????

A

Ashley 2.2

Vocky... its like the engine is completely fine and then it starts and then i just turn the engine off and back on and its fine again. what you think vocky...do u think its a crank sensor.. ive still to fit the injector rail ??? pls help.

A

Ashley 2.2

will have a crack tomoz.. just scared of doing damage... btw did u mean put a little engine oil on the rings to help put them back in the engine...

SriSte

Yeah a fine coating of fresh engine oil helps seals locate properly. Whatever you do, make sure you don't loose the seal for the fuel return pipe when you remove it from the fuel rail, i had a nightmare getting another from vauxhall.

A

Ashley 2.2

Right guys. all fitted.. thankyou for all your advice you guys. hopefully this is it.. i will say tho that i think one of the injectors was leakin as there seem to be dam round one of the injectors.....

A

Ashley 2.2

DAMMMM !!! still diong it. seems like when the exhaust pops badly it starts it. restart the engine and its fine. this sounds like a sensor. the poping of the exhuast triggerin it ??? VOCKY..do you have that crank sensor matey ???

A

Ashley 2.2

cheers vocky.. i spent ages doing the injector rail and was pleased with myself for doing it and thought i must of cracked it to be brought back down. do y ou think its crank sensor...its starting to sound that way. like i said. i restart the engine and its fine.

vocky

Staff
theres not much else left to try, crank sensor and the knock sensor could cause problems.

I've got a crank sensor and a knock sensor, you can have both for £10 + £2 postage

fitting the crank sensor is a pain, it sits behind the starter motor :(

A

Ashley 2.2

its right next to the cam sensor i think.. you have a spare engine badge Johnny mate ??

JohnnyN

Former Staff
No engine badges mate. £14.99 + postage from Courtenay though if you want one. lol!

I didn't think that the z22se had a cam sensor?

helenb

hello there. my husband has put a new head on my z22se. i have had loads of problems with the car, since we bought it 6 weeks ago. would it be adviseable to change the fuel filter. as i still have a quite noisy engine. i doubt that it has ever been done. if so is it easy. i have tried to click on matts link, but i am not allowed to veiw the forum. for some reason. cheers helen.

A

Ashley 2.2

errr. changing the fuel filter wont change a noisey engine but z22se is a noisey engine anyway. you need to give more info to the problem