Any Engine Boffins on here to lend a hand ???

A

Ashley 2.2

Right, ive fitted a brand new dis pack and changed the fuel filter. which when i ran dry dribbled petrol out slowly and was full of crap. fingers crossed

A

Ashley 2.2

got back from running her with her new filter and shes like s**t of a shovel and shes idles like a purrin cat. smooooth

A

Ashley 2.2

shes runs sweet as a nut vocky. better than she ever has.. and shes rapid...but this occasional misfiring...its gotta be a injector..well ive bought a new rial for 25.00 what you think. someone suggested a sticky valve or throttlebody but i think its a fuel issue.

sdbutler10

well if u have already got a new set just put them on its worth a try and all u know could cure ur prob.
but glad ur happy with it now and that its faster fuel fitler its i think the most important filter along with the oil one

sdbutler10

from what i have seen dont look to bad but i have not removed mine yet if u think u can do it have a go but take it easy if not go back to ur mate he will prob be able to do it quicker and then if he brakes somehting at leasts someone else has to sort it all out

A

Ashley 2.2

belive it or not alot of garages round here wont touch the 2.2 for some reason... ATS, National they all told me they dont touch the vectra 150.. why is that?

vocky

Staff
because when they change the plugs they over tighten them, this cracks the head and leaves them with a bill for £1000

A

Ashley 2.2

vocky, how difficult is it to fit a new injector rail... readin my haynes it rates it high and that i need to replace the injector seals...

edbutler

Its not hard at all...

DISCONNECT THE BATTERY AND WAIT 15mins
Release the fuel pressure (which i didnt do lol) with the little valve that looks like a tyre air valve on one of the metal pipes.
Remove 2x 13mm bolts that bolt it to the rocket cover.
Remove the 2x 19mm? bolts on the metal fuel rails (cam-chain side) - they take some jiggling on the VX220. Once theyre loose, just pull the pipes out of the holes, they may need a little wiggle again. Beware as fuel WILL spill out - do it when the engine is cold.
Remove the FPR Pipe going to your inlet pipe.

Then the fuel rail will just pull out, provided i havent miss anything :)

A

Ashley 2.2

right guys... i decided to have a look a my TB today and it was choked up and there was fresh oil there. i think i have a little too much oil in the car and its going thru the TB and if i guess right going into the injection system possibly causing it to misfire. and when i boot it, it makes the oil come out of the top into the air pipe.