A little help please!

A mates got an Astra estate 1.9 diesel Sri 150hp 2008, & I was just wondering if opcom would be able to read the fault codes? In the listing for opcom setup it says, astra G or H model but I'm not sure which one it is.
Also does anyone no where the diagnostic port is? Any help would be much appreciated :)

Ok so I used opcom on my mates Astra & it chucked this up,
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366995160.050571.jpg

Any idea's as I haven't a clue about diesels?

Matt

Administrator
You can remove and clean the EGR valve on the CDTI, only takes about 30 minutes to clean it.

Daz

Former Staff
I'd say the egr is blocked and the inlet manifold by the egr clogged with carbon

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Matt

Administrator
Might also be worth while checking the swirl flap rod to make sure that is OK while you are at it.

My mate took his car to the garage & they said the EGR valve was knackered & needed a new one. The garage is quoting £160 for the EGR which includes fitting. Does this sound right, or is it worth replacing, or maybe worth going down the road of putting a cheater & blanking plate on?
He doesn't know anything about cars & is one of them people who's doesn't believe in having a car non standard.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Matt

Administrator
My mate took his car to the garage & they said the EGR valve was knackered & needed a new one. The garage is quoting £160 for the EGR which includes fitting. Does this sound right, or is it worth replacing, or maybe worth going down the road of putting a cheater & blanking plate on?
He doesn't know anything about cars & is one of them people who's doesn't believe in having a car non standard.
Any help would be much appreciated.
You can remove the EGR valve on the CDTI but it needs to be mapped out. I'm not sure is VX do this, but it can be done with an after market remap.

Before having it replaced, has he had a go at cleaning it? It's a piece of p**s to clean, and takes about 5 minutes to remove. It then just needs a good cleaning with some carb cleaner and a tooth brush.

PowR Remap

Remap Services
Trader
Takes minutes to take off and to clean. Plus I found one on ebay for £89 might be more or less now, which you can do yourself.