2.4 Inlet 2007 2.4 Inlet order, general questions - closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

2.2 SRI 150

just b'coz sum of the manifolds are broken on the spigit it dosnt mean that the manifolds are naff :(
am sure courtney will do a good job on the repairs.. :)

xinitialz

mine is in mint condition :D got 1 lil gasket thingie with it, the lil green one in the middle so i can reuse the rest from my 2.2 manifold right? damnit i cant wait to get it installed :eek: :LOL:

Europa Blue SE1

I'm the same xinitialz take it you got it then no probs mate...
I'm thinking of just buying new gaskets for the 2.2 from a VXL Stealer for all they cost only one thing I'm a bit confused about a couple of things the suppresor mod(why) and the fuel pressure mod is this only if you have blanked the EGR valve??? notsure.gif
Sorry if I sound stupid!!! lol (na anyone can help will be greatly appreciated)
cheers.. Alan

xinitialz

same thing here mate i saw lotta stuff like egr cheater and etc but i have no clue what is really really needed to install it. Cuz about the fp mod i see diff opinions, i duno what kinda alternator i got for the supressor mod, etc

i just do not understand alot of the technical talk since my mechanic knowledge is p00. Theory is 1 thing, but tampering with an engine is something wayyyyyyyyy else

adie2.2.

Tell me to mind me own buissness, but it would help I think if some one was kind enough to post a simpler step by step guide dunno. there is a lot of posts with different peoples inturpretation of certain parts of this mod.Maybe that would get rid of some confussion amongst the forum. dunno..
And like I say, tell me to shut if you think!!!

Karlosfandango

Yeah, tend to agree with that. I thought that you have to remove the egr pipe as there is nothing for it to connect to on the 2.4 manifold, so you have to have the cheater fitted.

The thing I'm still not sure about is the fpr pipe. As far as I can tell on a standard VX it needs to be attached into the brake booster hose as there isn't enough pressure where it normally goes. But mine is connected to the itg so will that do or does it have to be connected into the other pipe.

It all gets a bit confusing :LOL:

JohnnyN

Former Staff
Here's the part numbers for the servo 1 way valves.........

90373359 2x13.5 connectors + 1 Vacuum
90497004 2x8.5 connectors+ 1 Vacuum
90304535 2x13.5 connectors+ 2 Vacuum

Here's some pics that i've robbed from Daz to help with visual issues of the altenator and the servo pipe modifications.

Alternator mod and new supressor...

acdn.z22se.com_userpix_41_IMG_0962_1.jpg

Servo pipe bodge...

acdn.z22se.com_userpix_41_IMG_0974_1.jpg

Europa Blue SE1

Thanks Neil & John yea Neil I think we'll just do it the tried and tested way!
Thanks for the help guys by the way how's both your cars running and Neil have you had it back on the rollers after the mod or was the 215 with the inlet 2ls/c t/body and 2ls/c mod you got that mate???
Thanks Alan

Daz

Former Staff
On ures also aln u will only have the fpr pipe to go to the vaccum pipe,the other pipe on my pic goes to the heater controls,the astra dont have this pipe....

Status
Not open for further replies.