2.4 Inlet 2007 2.4 Inlet order, general questions - closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Europa Blue SE1

Will the inlet manifold run OK with the standard cams etc or would I be better waiting till I get my cams put in? dunno..
I was talking to my mechanic and he was saying about getting me KENT cams for fitting the inlet and t/body but was thinking about mibbe getting him to fit the inlet if it doesn't need maped till I have the cams and throttle body put on anyone any ideas and just wandering vocky would I be better getting new z22se gaskets from a VXL Stealer or would I be just as well using the gaskets that are on? notsure.gif
Also don't know if anyone has heard of this but I'm thinking of getting one of these instead of a remap http://www.dastek.co.uk/unichip.htm for £60 they're gonna include the lambda cheater http://www.dastek.co.uk/lambda_tester.htm ...
cheers.. Alan

Europa Blue SE1

Thanks Jon I was speaking to Dastek yesterday and they never mentioned anything about it mate I think I'll give them a call tomorrow to make sure thanks for the heads up but mate...

bobbyb

has anybody heard/knows what is going to become of the manifolds that have came broken? have they come up with a small mod to fix these? or know what can be done to fix these?
it doesnt pose much of a problem if it they can be fixed.
im askin as i have not received mine yet and am sure mine will be one of these?

either way top job to all those involved and thanks for your efforts. much appreciated! cheers..

VXJON

Europa Blue SE1 said:
Thanks Jon I was speaking to Dastek yesterday and they never mentioned anything about it mate I think I'll give them a call tomorrow to make sure thanks for the heads up but mate...

Post up how you get on, I quite fancy having the live mapping done on the unichip 8)

Europa Blue SE1

I will do Jon mate but as I said as far I think they must of changed it now as they could give me a price and asked when I was wanting booked in and that was after telling them it was a 2.2 Astra Coupe the guy went and checked for the price etc mate so fingers crossed it sounds promising!!!
And yea I've only heard GOOD things about that Unichip...
Alan

markv

It is not the MAP sensor that is causing the errors.

The problem is actually very simple. The ECU has a failsafe (well, it has many, one of which is this). It has information on what kind of intake manifold pressure to expect from a certain opening of the throttle valve. It also actually measures that pressure. When the two are too different it will see this as a problem and issue an error code.

I would assume that the 68mm TB works with Vocky's setup, as he already had ported this head, bigger valves, other cams and different exhaust. That would imply that the air is flowing easier through his engine which would lower the intake manifold pressure and not cause the error.

Would be easily verified by someone who already has cams and will fit the 2.4 intake with the 2.4 TB.

Mark

OAKMERE

markv said:
It is not the MAP sensor that is causing the errors.

The problem is actually very simple. The ECU has a failsafe (well, it has many, one of which is this). It has information on what kind of intake manifold pressure to expect from a certain opening of the throttle valve. It also actually measures that pressure. When the two are too different it will see this as a problem and issue an error code.

I would assume that the 68mm TB works with Vocky's setup, as he already had ported this head, bigger valves, other cams and different exhaust. That would imply that the air is flowing easier through his engine which would lower the intake manifold pressure and not cause the error.

Would be easily verified by someone who already has cams and will fit the 2.4 intake with the 2.4 TB.

I think it has on JonnyN's car and it still dosn't work??

vocky

Staff
john's car doesn't have a 4-1 exhaust manifold though, so that might be the difference dunno..

I've never run my 2.0sc tb without - cams/ported head/4-2-1 manifold

but saying that I know that the 2.0sc tb has been fitted with a standard exhaust manifold and worked ok :?

Markv is quite correct with the error description..

markv

What can also be the case is that different cars are running different software versions. I have version 3 (which is the newest for the Speedster/VX220), but I would not be surprised that the astra/vectra version has different versions. Those ECU's have many extra features compared to the Speedster/VX220. Could very well be that the maps are also different.

Mark

2.2 SRI 150

bobbyb said:
has anybody heard/knows what is going to become of the manifolds that have came broken? have they come up with a small mod to fix these? or know what can be done to fix these?
it doesnt pose much of a problem if it they can be fixed.
im askin as i have not received mine yet and am sure mine will be one of these?

either way top job to all those involved and thanks for your efforts. much appreciated! cheers..

hi bud,there gettin fixed m8 over xmas..

& i think its the 2nd of jan jon said he would post up pics,an if we happy then they will be sent straight out :D

bobbyb

2.2 sri 150

cheers for the reply mate will look forward to seeing the alteration they make,should be good what ever they do!!! :D

cheers..

vocky

Staff
Courtenay will hopefully repair the broken inlets, if a 'group buyer' does not want a repaired inlet then a new inlet will be sourced and the repaired inlets sold on a first come first served basis.

so it will all get sorted cheers..

xinitialz

i had a call from the postage company today. Seems Jon sent it to number 50 instead of my housenumber lol...

he said he was guna call fedex and if they agree (wich they should since the name was correct and since i could describe the contents of the box + knowing it came from courtnay from the uk) i should get my inlet tomorrow !!! now i only need the brackets and some1 to install it

Europa Blue SE1

You must be happy then xinitialz mate... :D Shouldn't see any problem with them giving you the inlet as you said you know where it came from more important it's your name on the package... 8)
cheers.. Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.