2.4 Inlet 2.4 Manifold mounting bracket + dipstick plate group buy

Muncher83

Guys,

I'm in talks with an engineering company I use to get brackets for the 2.4 inlet manifold to mount the ECU and also the small dipstick bracket. Prices should be in the £10-15 region plus a little for postage.

Prototypes based on the supplied CAD files in the other thread should be done in a couple of days. Can anyone confirm those dimensions work and that the bracket is suitable for all cars?

Could you also confirm your interest by adding your name in a list below please?

Lightning Coupé

For the Astra and Vectra where the mounting hight is an issue, you need to remove the TB side of the plate. Even if you decide to keep it and let people remove it at there discretion, the hole needs to be bigger for those with a 2.4l manifold. It needs to be 66mm minimum.

Secondly, the ECU needs to be moved slightly left away from the TB as its a little too close, and more importantly, up towards the engine by 5mm or so because the wiring loom is stretched very tight to get the left hand plug on. It moght not fit if your loom is just 1mm shorter.

andyroo

Muncher83 said:
In that case, is it not easier to just get rid of the TB part entirely? Is it actually needed on the VX?

No, it isn't. Somewhere in the thread with the original design, someone has adapted the er, adaptor and chopped off the bit that surrounds the tb.

cheers..

Lightning Coupé

I choped it down after finding the mounting hight was too high. That shouldnt be your main concern though as its a 30 second job to cut that off afterwards if you dont want it. Your priority should be to move the holes for the ecu left and upwards my about 5mm in each direction extending the plate a little if needs be.

ahomepage.ntlworld.com_w.marsland1_ECU_20Plate_half_20plate.JPG

JohnnyN

Former Staff
Lightning Coupé said:
I choped it down after finding the mounting hight was too high. That shouldnt be your main concern though as its a 30 second job to cut that off afterwards if you dont want it. Your priority should be to move the holes for the ecu left and upwards my about 5mm in each direction extending the plate a little if needs be.

ahomepage.ntlworld.com_w.marsland1_ECU_20Plate_half_20plate.JPG

Would it not be better to make the ECU mount holes into slots so that you have movement??

Lightning Coupé

Not really Johnny, it needs to move 5mm minimum left and up and thats going to mean the holes are very close to breaking through the edge of the plate especially the top left corner. Far better and more profesional to just get the plate right before manufature. It would take five minutes on cad. :D