2.2 Astra van (Supercharged)

milo

Smithy how much u paying for the charger kit? I'm close to having the founds really soon. If i can hang off buying a different car lol

5M1THY

Smithy how much u paying for the charger kit? I'm close to having the founds really soon. If i can hang off buying a different car lol

I've pmd you mate but cheap I reckon
you've made the coupe nice you can't sell it now it's the best it's looked :)

pottsey

Yeah I really don't know what to do but I don't like all the wear on mine at all.
I don't think the black wheel is in the gsi I'm. not 100% but I think they are from some 2.2 coupes and cabs I've only seen the silver one in the gsi. I was thinking of a vxr one with piano black bits..
Ive got the black steering wheel in my coupe turbo.also i got one out of a 2.2 coupe for the wifes 2.2 coupe

5M1THY

Ive got the black steering wheel in my coupe turbo.also i got one out of a 2.2 coupe for the wifes 2.2 coupe

yeah mine came out of I coupe I believe but finding another that isn't worn out is hard I might leave that for a rainy day lol

5M1THY

Well its been a month since I've been on and tbh what a month lol I've done nothing to the van apart from mess around with the exhaust a bit so all pretty boring stuff..
anyway I got upset the other day seeing it out in the rain covered in crap so I put it in the barn and thought it's time for a proper check over to see what's what..

being 16 years old I found the rear valance is ready to fall off and I know the o/s wheel arch is starting to rust so after talking to a few people I've decided to stop worrying about how it looks and actually start from scratch..
the supercharger will be ordered as soon as I have an address that's no problem but at the same time I'm going to go all out and strip the whole van down.
The underside is pretty good tbh with just a bent jacking point which should be straight forward then it just needs fresh underseal.

now I've had a couple of cheap quotes in the past to repair the arch but does anyone know of a place I can actually buy new panels from?
I want new rear arches new rear valance and new front wings possibly a bonnet too but mine may just need painting. I'm fed up with fixing it's time to replace. I don't want a newer van or another shell as I now know exactly where this has been for the last 12 years and it's been looked after for most of them so for that reason it deserves another 12 years lol

5M1THY

Yeah there a lot going on at the moment moving house but I'm out of one and have to wait a few weeks before getting good the keys to the new one so I'm In limbo lol

tbh as much as I like to have gm parts I think with body panels ill be happy with either really as long as I get them fitted well and painted good it should be cool..
you never know Carl might still want to get some lacquer on it :)

Dave Gilbert

Well id go with used original wings n bonnet(im sure you will be able to pickup good 1s)

And the rear arches and valance I would say most auto factors should do them.

5M1THY

Cheers buddy :) I'm going to go see a few places next weekend I think but if there £30 a side then I might go see what Vauxhall say :) cheers for your help mate

5M1THY

Yeah that's it I got told they might not do them any more but mk4 vans run to 2006 so there should do..

nooo don't be silly lol I would never touch things like that on the van lol I tried doing a nova rear arch once and yeah I'm not doing it haha

Dave Gilbert

U wanna see my mini. Iv got 20 panels to replace, im down to 13 I think. Thats not including the doors, bonnet or boot cos there bolt on. Its not bin fun but getting there. Hahaha

5M1THY

Bloody hell that makes me feel better haha
I'm ordering a seat cupra splitter on Monday and I've been told the seat franchise do Vauxhall too or though it sounds a bit random to me lol but ill ask them if they can get me some panels as they could be cheaper than a main dealer you never know lol

5M1THY

Yes mate that it one thing I will never change flame red lol I found myself loving this colour it's worth the effort and it always gets attention every time :)