Z22YH & P1191 fault code

jordy

Hi everyone im having exact same problems with my 2.2 zafira with same 1191 code and misfire in cylinder 1.
Its always the same i will be driving and get a slight brief loss of power then the spanner light comes on but seems to drive fine after.
Very occasionally after this the engine management light will come on and spanner light goes off and the car will start running very roughly until i switch off and start again.
Am i right in thinking if it was the regulator the car would cut out completely so it is probably the pump?

Same problem for me. 3000 RPM and misfire 1 and 4.
Had codes read twice and still forgot to get codes from him.
Ran live data and all seemed fine. Coil changed and plugs.
Only really leaves pump or regulator.
Regulator has white dot on and was changed in 2010 according to VX on the recall.
Looks like I should get him back out to run live data again.

jordy

I've changed plugs and coil as well. Changing plugs actually made it run with no problems for about 3 weeks but now its back as bad as ever. I just don't know whether to go for the pump but they are a bit pricey

I am going for the pump as the Siemens which I have is the worst.
Even if it is not the fault at least you know there is a 12 month guarantee and it should last the same life if not more.
I am saving as it's not that bad keeping under 3000 (except for pulling away).
Second hand are not much cheaper, all siemens and over £100 for the fact they will fail.
I have been quoted 165 from a garage for second hand, RIP OFF. 100 extra you can go to ebay.
Think about it this way, you can still sell the old if OK for 100-150.
Hope you get it sorted and everyone else

rushy

At least you guys don't have a vec c with the older DTI engine, the pumps are coded to the car unlike the vec b so if buying second hand you have to be sure the vendor has tech 2'd it out of the old car first before you tech 2 it back into yours.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

jordy

So I just changed my regulator in my lunch break and when I depressurised the system I was expecting a bit of a jet of fuel to come out but instead a couple of dribbles was all I got.
Is the system only high pressure when engine is running or does this indicate there is a problem with the regulator or pump?

jordy

So have you changed your pump at all?
New regulator hasn't sorted mine. Still the same if I accelerate get a momentary hesitation then spanner light comes on. If I keep pushing the revs a bit this will then in out and engine management light comes on and it starts running horribly. Just don't want to waste more money on pump if it's not that either.

Mikeyka8139

Sounds exactly same problem as mine just fitted regulator fuel filter and spark plugs to no avail. Next I'm trying a coil pack then if not that it must be the pump.

Mikeyka8139

Another thing iv noticed if I run with a low tank under a quarter it's not to bad I can get about but I can't do over 50 but if I put over a quarter of a tank in its limp mode all the time

MikeS

Former Staff
back when this was a recall and you had a free repair they use to replace not only the pump but also the rail and regulator

jordy

So annoying that this could of been sorted free at one time. But can someone help confirm what I said earlier if when I depressurised the fuel system and only a couple of drops came out does that likely confirm the pump has gone? Or is it only high pressure when engine running?

Thanks again for all the help

I am not fully sure but I don't think there will be much pressure when engine cold. I assume when the cams spin the pressure builds up (could be wrong).
I still have in my head and I think it was here, if regulator gone it will cut out. If pump has failed it will go into limp mode.
When my EML is on the car does not like starting in cold. I got in the other day turned it on when finished work, 4 hours of being off and straight into limp mode. When I restart I get spanner come on.

When we ran the codes it was saying about oxygen sensor. It works fine but I think the misfire is affecting other things.
I have managed to drive steady and EML has now gone. It runs better with no fault showing but I can't take it over 3k.

I am borrowing money to get a pump this weekend as it's doing my nut. If cured, brill, if not I can sell the old pump after stripping it.
The only other issues for misfire are injectors which should give a code and leaks mainly around throttle body.

MikeS

Former Staff
depressurized fuel system will leave majority of fuel in the filter rather than pipework and rail, there will still be fuel there but nwithout pressure it will not go anywhere without the laws of gravity

Sounds exactly same problem as mine just fitted regulator fuel filter and spark plugs to no avail. Next I'm trying a coil pack then if not that it must be the pump.
Test your old pack first.
I paid £60 for a brand new Lucas pack that the guy bought and mis diagnosed the problem. Great deal but wish I had of tested it first.
U can remove the pack put the plugs next to impact bar (think it needs to be earthed) and get someone to turn the car over whilst u watch for sparks from all 4.
I didn't do it cause I forgot how to.
I now have a spare but ure too far away to borrow

Mikeyka8139

Thanks pal the plugs don't stay in the coil pack though and I don't fancy holding them. Iv only paid £30 for this coil pack just waiting for it to arrive.

Plugs stay in head bud. u just remove the pack but I did not fancy it.
My mechanic did it to my mates car when his failed. Was it second hand or new. Still better price than mine

jordy

Yeah I wasted £90 on a coil pack made no difference. I read somewhere last night if the 1191 code is followed by a 52 which mine is it means a low pressure problem and is nearly always the pump. Think I will just go for it as I'm worrying driving it with a bit of a missfire could damage the cat.