Webcon throttle bodies

vocky

Staff
I have a thermal gasket fitted, it does reduce the temperature of the throttle bodies (y)

because the fuel pressure is lower for the itb's (only 3.5 Bar instead of 4 Bar) the fuel pump is doing less work so should be ok (y)

Nikov

vocky said:
I have a thermal gasket fitted, it does reduce the temperature of the throttle bodies (y)

because the fuel pressure is lower for the itb's (only 3.5 Bar instead of 4 Bar) the fuel pump is doing less work so should be ok (y)

My fuel pump is 8 years old now sometimes it huffs and puffs like a geriatric nun with asthma. Suppose I can leave it as is after all it's not the end of the world to change it. Thanks for your help again (y)

Atom X pm replied to (y)

vocky

Staff
small update,

Webcon have now updated the software and the stack temperature gauge now works from the alpha ecu :clap:

the 4+1 trigger wheel is a standard feature and all the wiring stays in the engine bay, so no running wires to the cabin or battery :D

hopefully the lambda sensor plug will shortly be altered so that the original vauxhall lambda sensor can be plugged straight in to the alpha loom (y)

so soon it should be a single days work to fit the complete set up instead of two days :D

vocky

Staff
small update:

Webcon have mapped my new saab 2.2 engine, power was approx 200whp and loads of torque showo..

not bad considering a standard car has approx 120whp

vocky

Staff
flywheel power is just a guess, so I'm just quoting the wheel horse power because thats measured (y)

for a rough guide my car has 66% more wheel hp than a standard car, so 241 bhp at a guess

vocky

Staff
flywheel figures are all guessed, so a calculated guess using a known flywheel and wheel hp figures can't be that crazy :LOL:

flywheel bhp could be anything between 230 and 250 bhp, so 240 will do

exmantaa

On a double roller MAHA rig, my st.2 SC dyno-ed 196WHP. Corrected for measured drivetrain roller losses this came to 249HP at flywheel...

vocky

Staff
This graph clearly shows the difference between Stage 1, 2 and 3 cams (y)

Stage 1 = Schrick
Stage 2 = CompCams
Stage 3 = CompCams

img003.jpg

luki244

Vocky, tell me mate, where did U get bracket for new crank sensor?
DIY or some shop mate? (y) I need one as well

vocky

Staff
standard webcon part, but you can buy the standard z22se trigger wheel pattern from the states and that also bolts on the same way as the webcon trigger wheel

vocky

Staff
a few webcon ITB power graphs, showing cams and engine size differences :)

The 2.5 has catcams and over 270 bhp

The 2.2 has stage 3 comp cams

stage 2 are comp and the stage 1 are schrick

mapping results 2.jpg