zafira gsi/vxr

alanmoose

i have recently changed form a 2.2 convertible to a zafira gsi z20let
it has had a new vxr turbo unit fitted
am i correct in thinking i may actually lose power until it is remapped?
thanks

Matt

Administrator
No, it should run fine with the VXR turbo fitted, as that is the only one VX supply now.

alanmoose

hmm just that a tuning chap here in burton recons it wont run perfect till its mapped?he actually reckons i,d lose 10bhp until mapped
i,m changing airbox to 1.9 astra cdti and already have the necessary pipework/so can get rid of the long air route/crossover pipe
ordered a restrictor oil bolt for the turbo also
top hat and power pipe and precat next and then a remap
hopefully make a lot of difference :)
what sparkplugs would you recommend
thanks

Matt

Administrator
Spark plugs I'd recommend standard GM ones.

I was led to believe that you only needed a map on the LET when using the VXR turbo if you also ran the VXR injectors and the 80mm AFM.

Courtenay Sport said:
Note: This turbocharger is also suitable as a direct replacement for a ZLET turbo unit that has failed and requires replacement. It is a direct fit and will work on a car with standard software. An ecu remap is not required if being fitted as a direct replacement.

http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/astra-g ... fo_24.html

Daz

Former Staff
Dependant on the age of the vxr turbo. U may not need a restrictor bolt. As the inlet for the oil was reduced in size. So fitting a restrictor bolt will cause issues with to little oil goin in.

Matt

Administrator
alanmoose said:
ahh crap all i know is the vxr turbo was fitted 10k miles ago...spose theres no way of knowing?
You could quickly remove the bolt to have a look if it's got a smaller hole in the end of it.