Z22yh/ z22se cams

Zxr33

Evening gents!
Picked up an eBay bargain today! 06 vectra design with the 22yh direct engine! With possible cam damage! Over the next week or so time permitting I'll investigate more weather there's more serious damage to the the head but just wondered if the z22se cams are the same as the 22yh, I know the there are a few types as some run power steering where as zafira don't so was just wondering if I could get away with using z22se cams in the 22yh!
Thanks Rob

rushy

The Z22SE and Z22YH in the Vec C both don't run the power steering as you said, but the heads are totally different so that may have some part to play. You could just look up the part numbers and see if they match.

Zxr33

The z22se are used in various vauxhalls and the zafira cams don't run power steering that's why I was wondering if they were able to be used
I'm sure some of the guys on here may be able to shed some light rather than trail through part numbers!

rushy

@evocarlos may be your best to ask as he's done chain kits on both lumps but as the two heads are totally different id imagine that the cams would be different.

I tried looking at EPC but its not working on my Windows 8 unfortunately.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
hey
as far as im aware the astra g and vec c z22se and z22yh cams are the same when setting up the timing on the z22se and the z22yh the cam lobes over #4 are in the same location
the only real difference on the cam side of things is the z22yh had a different ex sprocket for the cam sensor
the difference in the head are just the casting the lay out is the same all be it the inlet swirl flaps and the di injection
i used vec c inlet cams in my new engine not to sure if they were from the z22se or the z22yh tho but the inlet cam was the same as the exhaust as i used 2 inlet cams :)

pt numbers are different for both engines these numbers may be superseded now only real way to find out is to call a local vx part desk and ask for the current numbers
z22se
inlet - 9194109
ex - 9194102

z22yh
inlet - 24442482
ex - 24442481

other than having a set of both cams in my hands to compare i cannot be 100% sure

Zxr33

Thanks evo that really helps!
I have a few sets and they look identical and cam sprockets are removable so will bear that in mind in my investigation,
But before I take it apart I want to chek oil pressure with it running on idle!
Just to make sure there's no oil pump or pressure valve problem!
What sort of pressure should I expect when running on idle!???
Also where's the best place to hook up to to get best accurate reading for oil pressure!?
Great work by the way Evo saving the 2.2's lol I'm on my 7th project now and really enjoy it! If your ever doing a job in Kent / London area I'd like to shadow you to watch and help lol to see how you do things! Always good to learn lol
Great help as always gents!

vocky

Staff
I'm pretty sure that z22se cams would work in the z22yh, but they might be a different profile, so bhp might be slightly different

Zxr33

Thanks Vocky! Not really sure you'd notice the bhp under Normal driving conditions tho, but he who dares wins! Lol
Any advice on oil pressure on idle?