Z22YH starter motor part number ?

taiko

Yes, my Wife is always on at me to `take it to the Garage'. Problem is 50% of the time the car comes back with mangled and bodged work. A common Vectra C problem with suspension drop links is that the so called `Technician' manages to cut the rubber boot when installing , water gets in, and the link only lasts 10,000 miles :( My Son has a high performance MG/Rover, and he asked a Garage to align the wheels - they took the steering wheel off (???? - why) and managed to wreck the airbag rotary coupler (aka ` clock spring'). So that is another job for us to do ....... he won't be going back to Chester Auto Services ! I have had many quality related problems with our local Vauxhall dealer with my previous Omega 2.5 TD - that Garage is now closed down. In the UK poor quality of work from Garages - even say VW Main Dealers at high £/hour - is a regular problem.
Yes same reasoning here. Don't know any local Opel dude here, which I can trust and also I "enjoyed" some crap performance from the dealer. Last time I had power steering compressor changed by Opel dealer. He was claiming the replacement is original spare part, which will have 2 years warranty, but I found out its same refurbished TRW stuff, which I could get for half of the price. I'm not wondering some guys call them Opel stealers :) .

taiko

Ok, didn't talk to dealer anymore. just went to the local starter repair guy, he repaired the starter motor by replacing of the solenoid. Al the contacts on the solenoid were rusted, causin lack of current passing through.
I paid 90EUR for repair, mounted solenoid myself.
So at the end I saved some 550EUR:D (delared quoted 640EUR for spare part and labour).

Attachments

• starter Z22YH.JPG
    starter Z22YH.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:

taiko

So, after confusing discussion with various Opel dealers, I went to the local "electrical guy" he replaced the solenoid for original Delco part and it cost me 90EUR including labor. He also cleaned the motor. Waaaayyy to less compared to the Opel dealer, even less as if I would spend for new starter bought on internet.

Thank you very much for your comments and help. :)

taiko

So, after confusing discussion with various Opel dealers, I went to the local "electrical guy" he replaced the solenoid for original Delco part and it cost me 90EUR including labor. He also cleaned the motor. Waaaayyy to less compared to the Opel dealer, even less as if I would spend for new starter bought on internet.

Thank you very much for your comments and help. :)
Hmmm, I see I posted final "report" twice :). But maybe better twice than not at all :D

omega2498

Taiko - well done. The starter does seem to be located where it can corrode quite fast. I finally put my new solenoid on, and starter appears to be working fine. I have also given mine a a good coat of Dinitrol wax, which is my favourite anti corrosion tecnnique. I think from our (limited) experience, I would suggest that anyone with starter problems gets the solenoid checked or replaced first !