Z22yh noisy timing chain rattling

Nah he said £840 was including labour the labour being £360 which makes the parts £480 can get genuine myself off eBay for £300 for both chain kits but seen a thread on here saying it could be the heat shield on the manifold come loose so gunna check that first on the weekend. Then go from their so fingers crossed it is that. If not gunna have to keep trying around and try get the chains done cheaper elsewhere.

Thanks, ive bought kit, had quote fr £160 think thats good frm an mot garage, Herbertshire Garage Denny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the yh chain set is exactly the same as the z22se kit other than the exhaust sprocket
if you have a z22se and buy a z22yh kit in error you just reuse the z22se ex cam sprocket
if you have a z22yh and buy a z22se kit in error you just reuse the z22yh ex cam sprocket

Thanks

You don't actually require the tool because the timing chain comes with coloured links (two purple, one blue) so as long as you have the engine at TDC with the camshaft lobes of No. 4 cylinder at 10 o'clock (inlet) and 2 o'clock (exhaust) you can proceed to remove and install the chains.

evocarlos is the guru for doing the chains but unfortunately he is a fair distance from you (I see you're in Scotland). I believe IDI AMIN is in Glasgow so he could be a possible option.

:)

I thought that watched few videos of the job being done, i did mobile plant at college for 4 years, 15 years ago I have confidence oin doin it myself , just time with working, can u do it by taking the mounting off and jacking it up as much as it goes , or do I need it right out ??

KevinH

Thanks, ive bought kit, had quote fr £160 think thats good frm an mot garage, Herbertshire Garage Denny

That's very cheap :eek: - are you sure they know what the job entails ?

can u do it by taking the mounting off and jacking it up as much as it goes , or do I need it right out ??

With the engine still in the car, jack up front and support car with axle stands but be sure to support the engine/transmission before removing the o/s engine mounting assembly.

:)

Edit: Euan, please start a new thread regarding your own queries/questions as this thread has now moved away from the OP's question.

Last edited: