Z22se pro needed :( engine trouble

I got my astra 2.2 cabrio last week. Straight away problems began! The car drives fine but when i come to lights or junction and dip the clutch revs drop to zero and car cuts out! Starts again straight away and idles fine :/ next set of lights 'boom' cut out again! Happens all the time. Ive blanked off the EGR and moved to one side still plugged in. Had the throttle body completely off and cleaned it. It looks almost new again but still the problem is still excatly the same. EML did come on but goes off again after a day or so. I got it plugged in when the light was on and it read faul code P0507 that is Idle air control! After already cleaning the throttle body whst else can i do??? Ive ordered a throttle body off ebay hoping it will cure my problem. Can anyone with knowlage please give me some advice please? My first post and sorry for it being so long

vocky

Staff
possibly the plugs or coilpack, but be careful changing the plugs so that you don't over-tighten them and crack the head

sandyc

Clean out your throttle body and either install an EGR cheater or clean it up and put it back in. Also check all your vacum pipes, servo hose and air filter ducting. Your fault code points towards that but my money is on the EGR.

The engine light has came on again but since its been on the car is running fine :/ this did happen last time the light came on too, but when i got the light taken off an the codes wiped the problem with idling started againg. So this problem seems to be happening when the engine light ISNT on? Can any figure that out?? Once again the fault reads ... P0507 intermitant fault idle air control valve? Any advise is welcome :)

Thats what i thought vocky :/ but that was the code? I thought maybe it was built into the throttle body that u cant actually get to or somthin? thats why ive ordered a throttle body of ebay (still waitin for it)

cologne

general infos, not spezial for z22se. don`t no if it helps.

Code p0507 : idle control, Signal for idle speed too high
pdf i found in usa

check the things, the other people say above
check your clutch switcher.
check your crank sensor

reset ecu after changing things.
example: after changing trottle, reset ecu

Attachments

• z22secodes.pdf
    170.8 KB · Views: 257

sandyc

Despite all that. Is your EGR still connected and moved to the side. If so then that is your problem. Get a cheater or put a new EGR in.

MikeS

Former Staff
your engine running like s**te when the light on is most likely due to it running in limp mode

it sets the map sensor to 65kpa & engine coolant temp to -45c so it will overfuel for a start

so 507 points too high rpm at idle so you need Throttle position & map sensor readings at idle to start with imo

could be throttle body, pedal position sensor / wiring- could be anything

if you are having difficulty understanding this then find / pay someone to sort this for you

astra22bertoneauto

If you have cleaned your TB then check your inlet manifold for cracks and/or missing/damaged rubber gaskets. Ive read a couple of posts on here from people reporting they found a crack in their plastic inlet causing similar problems.

Also follow MikeS advice too - maybe a faulty map sensor?????