Z22SE COUPE TO 1.9 CDTI VECTRA?

HUDDY

Since getting some good new a few months away that ill be a daddy for the first time in december ive decided to sell my coupe and go for something with four doors. ive been looking at vectra 1.9 cdti sri 150 which go for about £7500 on an 04 plate and average milage. ive read the 150 bhp version does 0-62 in 10. 2 secs (not to great) but with a remap up to 205 bhp and 310 tourque will it be much improved and how would it compare to my 2.2. any hints tips comments advi welcome cheers..

Andy

reckon with that much power after a remap its gonna be very quick indeed, and the 0 - 60 time should be a lot quicker than the standard 10.2 seconds.

Andy Coupé

Im getting the Astra Sport Hatch SRI with the same engine and from what i have read with a DTUK green box it can 0 - 60 in under 7 seconds!!

Europa Blue SE1

Congratulations HUDDY nice bit of news there cheers..
I think the Veccy's a good choice once you've put the box in you'll love it and no doubt it'll be faster than your Coupe with those sort of figures mate...
cheers.. Alan

Santa

I have been looking into buying one of these too, then i decided against it, and was looking at the 3.0 V6 CDTI SRI Vectra instead, you can get a 04 reg for around 8500 from what i seen when i was looking, but had to put the looking on hold cause im looking for a new house instead! lol

There was a couple of sites that done live remaps for them, i looked at a few, ill see if i can find any.

xinitialz

have it remapped LIVE but ffs please dont get a tuningbox. thats the worst way to get the most out of a diesel.

YES it WILL get the most out of it, but alot of times even more then it can take and i dont think u want to end up with a fried engine.

what tuningboxes actually do is lie to ur ecu so for example they say the turbo pressure is not high enuff so the ecu will increase it.

but there are alot of risks like less say u put a tuningbox and it gives u 55 xtra hp but when u have a problem and ur engine goes in emergency mode it will only have 60hp(just picked a number here) instead of 150 so that ur engine wont be dmg'd. well then the tuningbox will make ur ecu think u only have 5hp so it will still give u the xtra 55 hp meaning u will be driving around with 115hp instead of 60 and that can result in serious engine dmg.

I live in a diesel country called belgium and our top remappers do not give the engine more then 195hp and 420nm torque(the clutch cant take much more). And even then... not every engine is the same... some will be safely tuned at 185hp, some at 195. So dont go over that and u will be fine if u service it regurlary and always make sure its warm before u put ur foot down. Oh yeah if u have used all of your horses then its best to let the car in tickover for a few mins so that ur turbo can be cooled before stopping the engine.

xinitialz

yw :)

i learned alot about petrol engines here so its nice when i can give something back about diesels cheers..