Wanted z22se coupe 2.2 performance exhaust system (or precat removal)

t-barx

I'm looking to buy an exhaust system for my 2.2 astra coupe. Ideally I want something with the precat removed and a 200 cell sports cat (however the sports cat isn't essential), also I would like a good cat back system to go with this. If anybody has anything similar to this please let me know.

However if somebody may be able to remove the precat for me I would be willing to pay, and then I only need a cat back system.

t-barx

I'm in Ripley, Derbyshire in the East Midlands. How much roughly would a custom exhaust cost do you know?

t-barx

I've received a message from John Ashley Exhausts saying:
"Hi,
We can offer a 4-1 manifold, front pipe with flexi and sports cat, mid section and rear box for £495.00 including delivery to mainland UK. Islands and highlands have an extra carriage charge.
The manifold and front pipe sports cat section replace the original manifold, down pipe and cat, and use the same join onto the mid section.
All prices are for mild steel, and can be built by special order in stainless for £645.00 including delivery.
If you are local to Walsall we can offer a supply and fit option which is a further £120.00 for all labour gaskets and fitting kits involved.
Please feel free to ask any questions or call me on 01922 615671
Kind regards
John"

What do you think of this?

Sjdickso

Staff
Overall that's not a bad price.

If your looking for a 4-1 mani Tullett is the one. As for that a down pipe a custom place can do that, I have had a few systems done by exhausts UK and all was ok but have heard a few from John Ashley having good installs.

t-barx

I wasn't planning on buying a new manifold, I think I'd be happy with just removal of the precat and a decent catback system if all else will be that sort of price. But I don't have the means to remove the precat myself

milo

I've just got off the phone with cobra exhaust. I paid £290 for stainless cat back inc it being delivered. If u can hang on a week, I can show it fitted once @evocarlos has fitted.

t-barx

Here's what I have been quoted by Cobra:
Vauxhall Astra G (Coupe) (98-04) Cat Back System (Resonated)
- Tailpipe Options Y-: TP39 (4.5" / 114.3mm x 3.5" / 88.9mm oval slash cut tailpipe)
£315.00
Labour time £35.00
Subtotal £291.67
VAT @ 20% £58.33
Total £350.00

milo

Here's what I have been quoted by Cobra:
Vauxhall Astra G (Coupe) (98-04) Cat Back System (Resonated)
- Tailpipe Options Y-: TP39 (4.5" / 114.3mm x 3.5" / 88.9mm oval slash cut tailpipe)
£315.00
Labour time £35.00
Subtotal £291.67
VAT @ 20% £58.33
Total £350.00

I'm going for the non resonated I like the noise lol

t-barx

Ah that'll be why it's cheaper then, I didn't specifically ask for a resonated one, just asked for a general quote.
I think I may go for the non-resonated too if I go for it

Sjdickso

Staff
A non resonated Cobra system will loud very load ours droned like made at motorway speeds.

My mates have also had full Cobra systems and had to go back and have extra silences added.