Z20net Engine management modification

MikeS

Former Staff
since having the problems with my car many ppl have messaged me saying that the EGT sensor reading is the same as yours but i dont get the engine management light

reason for that is cos midway through 2004 Vauxhall modified the engine management by doing various upgrades / changes

Modification package for Z 20 NET DOHC petrol engine

The modification package for Z 20 NET DOHC petrol engines that is described in the MY 2004 New Technical Features will be deployed as of MY 2004,5 in a modified form.

On this subject, please also see the chapter entitled "Z 20 NET DOHC Petrol Engine" in the MY 2004 New Technical Features, pages 300-306. This is where the details are described.

The following changes will be made:

1. Omission of exhaust temperature sensor
2. Use of Bosch oxygen sensors with modified plug coding (plug housing design).
3. The ignition monitoring module will not be replaced with a digital device as described in the MY 2004 New Technical Features. The previously-used ignition monitoring module will continue to be used instead.
4. As well as the modification package in the MY 2004 New Technical Features, the atmospheric pressure sensor will also be omitted from the engine management system.
5. An engine control unit with different calibration will be deployed as part of the modification package. The recalibration of the engine control unit will reduce fuel consumption at higher loads and faster engine speeds.