Wireless Network!!!!

Andy

Right its starting to spin me right out now, i have just fitted a wireless network card to my sons pc. it is saying its connected to my network but when i try and open a web page nothing hapens and i get "page cannot be displayed" I am using a belkin dsl modem/router and have fitted the pc with a belkin wireless network card.

I can't access the routers web page either notsure.gif

anyone on here any good with wireless networks able to help me? what..

Daz

Former Staff
did u used to have internet on the pc b4 the wireless?...open up internet explorer and click on tools/internet options/connections and see wot it set too.

Andy

my pc is connected to the router via a network cable, also used to have my laptop connected to the internet using wireless before i sold it so thought it was gonna be easy getting my sons pc to connect wireless but seems that isn't the case.

Daz

Former Staff
should work tbh...your wireless connection isnt hidden by anychance is it?

Andy

dazsri150 said:
should work tbh...your wireless connection isnt hidden by anychance is it?

it was but isn't any longer.

had to manually configure the ip address of the network card as it kept say aquiring ip address if i didn't configure it myself. what..

Daz

Former Staff
try it in another pci slot if u got one free,sometimes they'll work in one but not the other

Andy

hmm now that you mention that when i refitted the wired network card it wasn't being recognised by the pc so swapped the card over with the graphics card as there is only 2 pci slots and it worked straight away.

hmm think i'll give it a try when my son is done wth the cbeebies website.

cheers Daz.

Matt

Administrator
did you get this sorted? Sounds like it could be something like the gateway on the PC which is not using the routers IP address. I had a similar issue when setting up my wireless network in linux. You can connect to the network, but can't access the internet

Andy

no i didn't get it sorted Matt and gave up in the end and have now sold the wireless card on ebay. Got the pc connected with a ethernet cable now. wanted to put the pc in my sons room but as he is only 4 think it maybe be better having it in the dinning room next to the router where i can keep an eye on what he is up to.

Matt

Administrator
I didn't see this post first time round, I probably could have helped you out seen as networks are what I do for a living. If you do decide to get another wireless card, give me a shout.

davey

Had same problem with mine, turned the firewall off on the router and it worked. Put windows service pack 2 on and it was ok with firewall on.