Windows Vista

Andy

lol keep at it mate, mine still aint right and i've installed it 3 times since yesterday lol.

Daz

Former Staff
well its installed.using it now...got no sound,no printers etc...and theres none avalable apparently

Daz

Former Staff
well.no probs as yet with vista,bit strange trying to work my way around it.managed to get updated drivers for my sound card,but antivirus i cant find,the one microsoft recomend is out of date.seems slower than xp,but prob get used to it after using it for a while...

Andy

it does take some getting used to, i downloaded a beta version of office 2007 but couldn't find where isave it to rofl..

i downloaded a trial version of trend pc cillin for anti virus lasts untill end of october for me.

Daz

Former Staff
thats the one i d/l too,but had expired,driver support seems a bit slow at the mo tho,still using xp aswell,just playing with vista at the mo,wen saving things in vista it would only allow me to save in my documents,said i did not have permission to save anywhere else...strange

Andy

i'd email you the setup file for it but its 81 mb so thats a no go.

I can't get XP to boot up now so am only using Vista at the moment, i know what to do to get XP to boot up but then it'll only boot up XP and won't give me a choice out of the 2.

Daz

Former Staff
send the file thru messenger m8,shudnt take long..mine is dual booting fine at the mo...bit weird tho,coz c is c on xp and d is c on vista,thy seem to change drive names

Andy

yeah same here mate with the drive letters.

it was dual booting fine on Saturday when i first installed vista onto the 8 gig partition but since creating the 38 gig partition for it it won't. Might try deleting the partition and creating a new one and install it for a 4th time.

Daz

Former Staff
finding vista is very processor hungry.got p4 3ghz chip,and just running meda player its using 50% of the cpu...ouch

Andy

no not yet Daz, given up on it at the moment. My brother is gonna come and take a look today but if that don't work then i'll ditch it.

Baz

5_untitled_1.jpg

installed windows vist well cheated i downloade a program which changes all xp looks and replaces them with vista :LOL: