Whats the Turbo fitted to the Z20NET + other stuff

davep24

Hi, does anyone know what make/spec the turbo fitted to the Z20NET is

im seriously considering turbo charging, and the Mitsubishi G16 (small) or the GT2560 seem to fit the bill, just want to confirm the compressor map with whats fitted to the Z20NET

As or the manifold, http://www.Vulcanturbo.com can make one for just over $300 and should leave plenty of room between the engine and boot, or i could use one of a vectra/signum or saab

Injectors will be from the Z20LET engine, and i will be building a charge cooler system myself.

exhaust will be a custom built downpipe/cat probably going into a piper backbox

Now the difficult bit, Courteney sport have mapped the OEM ECU for the supercharger, How difficult would it be to do the same for a turbo as the principle is pretty much the same

vocky

Staff
I know the turbo is quite small on the z20net, might be an idea to copy the size they use on the z20let if you cannot find the info.

the turbo mapping will be different than a sc map, I would go standalone and have a fully mapable ecu :)

winstar

I've been thought about somhing similar as you say you've 2 options.

Not sure about the Z20NET but the SAAB uses a garrett GT2082 and the aero version uses the MHI TD04HL, 16G I think, both have the same flange. However it depends how much power you're after. remember that the z20net is 2L

If you can get a custom Manifold made then there are better options available in the turbos attached to the Volvo 850/V70 T5's TD04HL-16T or 18T. The T is a newer blade design and both have more flow capacity

Personally I's always try to go with a MHI unit as they are so much better built and stronger than all the other pass car turbos, i uses to work for cummins turbos and we had a partenership with MHI they use the same quality materals on there pass car turbos as those for Heavy duty diesel work.

I have a spread sheet for calculating the operating points on a map for the z22se engine I did and I also have quite a few MHI maps :wink:

A11VXL

Trader
davep24 said:
Hi, does anyone know what make/spec the turbo fitted to the Z20NET is

im seriously considering turbo charging, and the Mitsubishi G16 (small) or the GT2560 seem to fit the bill, just want to confirm the compressor map with whats fitted to the Z20NET

As or the manifold, http://www.Vulcanturbo.com can make one for just over $300 and should leave plenty of room between the engine and boot, or i could use one of a vectra/signum or saab

Injectors will be from the Z20LET engine, and i will be building a charge cooler system myself.

exhaust will be a custom built downpipe/cat probably going into a piper backbox

Now the difficult bit, Courteney sport have mapped the OEM ECU for the supercharger, How difficult would it be to do the same for a turbo as the principle is pretty much the same

Hi we should be able to do this, Stephan our mapping man has mapped a few Turbocharged 2.2's now for Stephan Imhoff Tuning in Germany.

On a side note, if its of any use I have a Z20NET Turbo, Manifold and Pre cat sitting here, all brand new, I would lets it go quite cheep if its of any use. Give me a call if you want 01692 404313

Cheers Jon