What wire is (Astra H)

Mark Dj

Former Staff
What wire on an Astra H is a switchable live wire that stays live even when the car is crancked over without loosing power while being cranked over? It can't be a permanent live but only live when the car is started. I also need a live that will light up my bosst gauge but then again not a permanent live wire. Cheers

Matt

Administrator
Re: Whats wire is (Astra H)

Mark, have you not taken the wires from the cig lighter socket? My boost gauge works fine from that, and does the sweep as the car is started.

Mark Dj

Former Staff

I have Matt but the cig one is a permanent live. The wires on my cig lighter are red - permanent live, brown - earth and a small grey one - ? I wired the boost gauge to that small grey one and nothing happened notsure.gif , but when I turned the lights on the boost gauge came to life dunno..

Matt

Administrator

MikeS said:
the grey wire is the lighter illumination
This is where I took the ignition live from, and it's works like a treat. I took the permanent live from the red on there also.

Mark Dj

Former Staff

Thats the thing with my boost gauge, it only needs a switched live and not a perm live. That small grey wire only works my boost gauge when I turn the lights on lol notsure.gif . I have no light at all now on my gauge, hope the bulb is not blown as the gauge looks like a sealed unit notsure.gif

Matt

Administrator

I've not even connected the illumination wire to my gauge, as it comes on with the ignition. I can't double check, as it's all sealed in now, but I took the 12v live from the red wire, earthed it to the black wire, and the switched live from the grey wire (not connected to anything previously, as no bulb there).

viewtopic.php?f=105&t=15143&p=1138248&hilit=boost+gauge#p1136090

Last edited:

Mark Dj

Former Staff
One thing I noticed is if I don't put the live wire from my boost gauge to a switched live I don't get the swoop thing it should do, this making my gauge read wrong. When my gauge swoops it's calibrating itself to make sure it's working in the right position