Webcon throttle bodies

vocky

Staff
Re: TMS - Webcon throttle bodies

the standard pedal moves about 40% of what the webcon pedal moves !

they sell the pedal assembly on it's own, but I believe they are closed next week for holidays

update:
I have just bought a pipercross airbox for my throttle bodies, I have a cunning plan for my phase II upgrade :LOL:

Matt

Administrator

Bloody hell Neil, can't wait to see what you've got planned for Phase II

rik1083

ah cheers vocky!
I just want to start tuning this thing.. I think I can work at part throttle for a week :)

rik1083

does their coil pack module have anything clever in it? or is it just a neat port adapter?
3 pins out?
Considering getting one of these too if that's the case :) depends on price also i suppose :p

rik1083

actually.. what did you do when you went to the saab head vocky? I plan to do the same soon

vocky

Staff

it's just 3 wires out, nothing special.

I removed the plug and wire from the alloy plate and transfered it to my saab head, I still have the alloy plate for the z22se coil pack if you want it

alanoo

there's no ignition module in the webcon setup ? I guess the ECU has onboard igniters...

crazyfrog

webcon will start to sell those kits soon fews in production now with a new mod on the loom and on the throttle pedal as well :wink:

crazyfrog

https://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb28 ... G_2186.jpg

vocky

Staff

just fitted a 4+1 trigger wheel and updated ecu software to try and cure the poor starting issues caused by my high compression / heavily lightened engine :silent:

and it starts on the button every time, in fact it's like starting with a standard z22se ecu :D :D :D :D

I'm so happy, a massive thank you to the guys at WEBCON, first class aftersales service as always cheers..

vocky

Staff
Is this trigger wheel setup likely to become the standard one Webcon offer
Webcon used to use the 4+1 trigger wheel system, I think they probably changed to the ford 36 tooth set up as most throttle bodies get fitted to zetec engines dunno..

Is that a new 4+1 crank trigger? Or you added a cam trigger wheel to sense the compression cylinder
I modified the 36 tooth trigger wheel to match the drawing Webcon gave me of the 4+1 trigger wheel, they could have supplied one but it's more fun making it yourself :LOL:

No cam sensor required, the TDC crank sensor signal is now a 'double tooth' and the others a single tooth, so the ecu sees the signal loud and clear :D

Karlosfandango

Is there any information on the webcon site? Had a look but can't find anything about the kit. Are complete kits available now with everything you need or do you have to source it all seperately? I'm a bit bored at the moment and fancy a change so it's either sell the vx and get something 7'esque or mess about with the vx.

vocky

Staff
give webcon a ring, they will sell you a kit and have a couple in stock, might be worth giving crazyfrog a pm to find out how much he got his kit for :silent:

Nikov

I'm hoping my throttle bodies will arrive in the next week or so, is an uprated fuel pump recommended? The spec will be similar to crazy french mans. Also what about a thermal gasket (AtomX?)?

Appreciate your thoughts chaps as I want to amass parts to do it all at once.

Cheers cheers..