Webcon throttle bodies

vocky

Staff
Re: TMS - Webcon throttle bodies

you don't need to port match the inlet manifold, I had to because I have a ported head and wanted a perfect match.

the kit includes everthing you need (except a bracket to mount the ecu), the original injectors are removed and the kit includes some core plugs, these are simply fitted by using a small socket and a hammer.

I can honestly say the webcon itb's ARE the best mod for a z22se, worth every penny :)

vocky

Staff

£1850 last time I checked, not cheap, but not bad for itb's / new ecu / new engine loom / linkages / filter etc

Sjdickso

Staff

Is that with a base map done to the ecu, or do you have to get it all mapped after at extra cost?

Also does the alarm and then the imob run seperate to the custom ECU?

What do you think the BHP be like on pritty much standard car apart from mani exhaust? 180bhp?

vocky

Staff

you buy the webcon itb kit with either a stage 1 or stage 3 map already installed.

I had mine remapped due to having a few extra tweaks :LOL:

I fitted a new thatcham 2 immobiliser as I removed the standard ecu, the alarm does not connect to the engine ecu - just the central locking ecu.

they add roughly 25 bhp when fitted

Matt

Administrator

vocky said:
thats only low revs, once it's run in I will get a better video done

Is this going to take as long as that other clutch you fitted Neil?? :LOL:

vocky

Staff

my vx220 is currently SORN, so zero miles out of 500 done :(

probably won't even turn a wheel until March either, but I will tax it before then just in case the weather is warm and sunny :LOL:

tucker1987

hey there i was just wondering if you no anywere online were i can get a blueprint like 3d drawing of an astra coupe like they have on the screens at vx dealers thanks tucker

vocky

Staff

webcon have made a few minor changes to their z22se throttle bodies kit :)

the throttle pedal is now much more like a 'race' component, they have altered the trigger wheel so that the crank pulley bolt holds the trigger wheel in place, then the 3 bolts locate the timing position as it did before. The loom has also been modified slightly, so that the vx220 inertia switch plugs straight in. This means the wiring is slightly easier now.

I have some pics, which I will upload over the weekend :)

ps: webcon are also now selling the manual throttle as a seperate kit, ideal for anyone wanting to convert to cable linkage 8)

Last edited:

vocky

Staff

a few pics :D

new throttle pedal

and fitted

the new loom

another webcon throttle bodied vx220 :clap:

Attachments

• IMGP272.JPG
    IMGP272.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 589
  • IMGP2698.JPG
    IMGP2698.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 589
  • IMGP2699.JPG
    IMGP2699.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 599
  • IMGP2700.JPG
    IMGP2700.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 598
  • IMGP2705.JPG
    IMGP2705.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 603

sdbutler10

that looks like a nice set up on that vx with the yellow and black. did you have to buy that stuff neil or was it free-bies

vocky

Staff

free itb's, I wish :LOL:

I just fitted them, so technically I never paid for them :)

rik1083

vocky, do you know how many mm of cable travel the webcon pedal gives?
having real issues trying to get my new tb to open to 100%

or any tips for increasing it on my current setup? I've never done anything with cable linkages before :(

Cheers