vectra c where is the ECU Relay + what colour

john2666

does anyone know where to locate the ecu relayor where i can find out what all the relays are for and the colours etc, i bought a haynes manual but its not in there

john2666

Car wont start, it was on tickover and cut ou then when i turn the key all i am getting is a clicking from a relay in the footwell and no power going to the starter motor, i have checked the starter and its fine, i plugged the diagnostics computer in and it wont see the ECU, so the guys on here said i should check the ecu relay/fuse and i dont know where they are located on a Vectra C notsure.gif

MikeS

Former Staff
that or his high pressure fuel pump is fubar

but when the ecu light doesnt come on with ignition it usually is the engine relays, bad earth, fubar ecu or battery

john2666

I have found and changed all the Relays for fuel pump, ecu and terminal 15 (whatever that is ) i have checked all of the fuses and the are ok, but still nothing the fuel pump relay is just clicking continually like a hazard light relay would notsure.gif still not attempting to turnover, charged battery overnight to see if that would help but it hasn't there is plenty of life in it, i dont know where to go now as the car was running perfect after i had replaced the engine but only for about an hour on tickover (well 1400 rpm)
thanks for trying to help me with guys by the way

john2666

well i have changed every relay on the car with the same results, i am confused about the fuel pump relay it is constantly clicking like a hazard light relay would, it is pumping fuel to the engine, if i unplug one of the connectors to the engine ECU the clicking stops but so does the relay, god this is doing my head in :sick:

MikeS

Former Staff
usually clicking relays mean lack of power [ flat battery]

cos also be a dodgeh earth or a short somewhere

john2666

I have had the battery on charge all night but the voltage showing on the multimeter is 11 volt, so i out another battery on and got the same result, wonder if my battery charger is dodgy hmmm, i will try some jump leads asnd see if that does anything, cheers Mike

rushy

MikeS said:
that or his high pressure fuel pump
No HP pump on the 52 plate Vec unless its an Estate. By battery was proper fooked, charged it over night, still wouldn't start. New battery and it started first time.

john2666

The engine wont even turn over and i have tried 2 very good batteries on it... my head is really done in now i will try a replacement ecu and transponder i reckon :evil:

john2666

Hi Rushy, the alternator light abs light etc are all on it just seems that the eml light isnt on at all, i have even had the clocks out and checked the light diode and its working ok, it does has its own little display in the centre of the clocks as well that does a self diagnostics on switching the ignition on, this works, it goes through that ok and tells me all is ok bloody wierd

Mark Dj

Former Staff
I wonder if the immobilizer is playing up? The engine management light would just flash all the time if it was the chip in the key. I would have though the fuel pump has packed up from the sounds of things.

Mark Dj

Former Staff
Hmm, nope it should crank over still. Have you tried to bump start it? If so does it start this way?