Vectra C Turbo

Mark Dj

Former Staff
What do you make of these? I might be interested in getting one. I like the idea of the engine being made of aluminium, so no issues with rusting bolts getting stuck. I have not heard much about Turbos going on them often. They are chain driven, and they are also 5 door just what I am after. Whats your thoughts on them? Cheers

Mark Dj

Former Staff
Sri in black. I've not heard much about this car on the forums I visit. If the Turbo ever went wrong on it, I would give it a go doing it myself, as I know it would bolt off nice and easy, not like the Astra Gsi one I had.

Mark Dj

Former Staff
Hmm, tempted lol. Nice size car for me and power if I need it :) . Yes it is the Z20NET engine fitted in the Vectra C Turbo 8)

Matt

Administrator
Definately, I've been on the Vectra C site for a year, and you never read about them having issues (only the bloody CDTI's!)

Mark Dj

Former Staff
They price from £3500 to about £4500. I think I might get one :) . The only other car I was looking at maybe getting was on my local salavge yard site, it's an Audi A4 TDI Quattro Sport 2002 2.5 V6 Diesel, that finishes tomorrow with light front end damage notsure.gif

Matt

Administrator
Are you not fed up though Mark, of having to repair all your cars? Surely if it's going to be a weekend car, then it's better to have one that's not been damaged?

Mark Dj

Former Staff
True, thats whats making me want the Vectra Turbo even more as it's a straight car. I don't fancy fixing another one up unless it was special lol. It would be nice just to jump into a car and not have to do anything to it.

vocky

Staff
vec C turbo is basically the saab turbo engine or z20net, very similar to the z22se except the cam chain has a better tensioner :)

so you won't need to change the cam chain

Mark Dj

Former Staff
Well I won an Sri Turbo on auction. I now have a Vectra C Sri Turbo 2004 reg :). I need to pick it up this weekend

Mark Dj

Former Staff
No it's not crashed damaged for a change lol. It's taxed and tested, ready to drive. It has 51.000 miles on the clock, 2004 reg (53 plate). It's black and is suppost to be in good condition. I am picking it up this Saturday 8) . I also think I got it for a good price :wink:

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v318_markmk_vt1.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v318_markmk_vt2.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v318_markmk_vt3.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v318_markmk_vt4.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v318_markmk_vt5.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v318_markmk_vt6.jpg

rushy

That's belting news mate. Looks a little corker, so is it staying stock or are you planning to tinker?

Mark Dj

Former Staff
I want to get it up to 200Bhp like my Gsi was. It's got more torque standard to a standard Gsi funny enough.

Astra Gsi Turbo:

Engine Size 1998 cc
Cylinders 4
0-60 mph 7.0 s
Power Output 197 bhp
Valves 16
Torque 250 Nm 184 lb-ft
Top Speed 150 mph

Vectra C Turbo:

Engine Size 1998 cc
Cylinders 4
0-60 mph 8.1 s