Vectra C Stereo not working

I replaced the standard system with an aftermarket one using the coonections in the car but it doesnt power up. I put the original back in n that doesnt power up either. Ive checked all fuses but theyre all ok. Please help as I dont really want to be running wires from amp feed to power stereo. Cheers

Matt

Administrator
Can't say I've ever seen this where putting the original one back in doesn't work either. Are all the wires OK behind the stereo?

rushy

There is no ignition power in the Vec C's HU loom only a constant power and Can/trigger wire. To get your aftermarket HU to work you need to take an ignition live feed from the passenger door fuse box or from the ciggi lighter mate. Vec C dont have the old system of a constant live and Ignition live, only a constant and a trigger. You could get a Can bus interface but its not neaded, just take the ignition live as said. I believe the proper VX single din adapter comes with the wire to do this but you can just splice into it with your own wire.

If you need any more info just ask, Ive got a DVD player in the glovebox and screen in the roof so I know all the best places to take feeds from.

Is there an ignition live in the engine bay fuse box by any chance. Mid fitting drls. Did have a sill vsd box connected straight to the battery but police said its not legal ☺

rushy

If you have a prefacelift you can activate factory DRL with tech 2 or opcom. It turns on the foglights at a lower brightness and turns them off when you turn your lights on via the switch. There are different settings so you can have sidelights, or main beam as well.

Tested fuses in engine bay with multimeter and have choice of 2 that I can piggy back off with an ignition live to my drls. Nice easy relay from inlustro so with engine on lights on. Headlights on and drls dim 50%
All sorted now as opcom or tech2 I dont have access to
But ty for the info