Vectra C and DBilas manifold - is this a problem??

Vid

Hi all,

As some know I have ordered a DBilas manifold, and am awaiting delivery.

I have just seen a picture of the exhaust manifold on the Vec C

acdn.z22se.com_userpix_1067_47d2_11_1.jpg

acdn.z22se.com_userpix_1067_4697_11_1.jpg

Will this be a problem now to fit the DBilas, I notice the lambda sensor is fitted into what looks like the cat? And there is no flange to bolt the manifold to?

Could an exhaust fabricator fit the lambda into custom pipework, or am I stuck here?

Thanks

vocky

Staff
what you need is a short sports cat, then have a flange welded to one end to match the dbilas (vecB z22se flange) then have the sports cat welded to the downpipe.

lambda bosses are easily welded to any part of an exhaust

or get a one off exhaust made up, that should release plenty of power showo..

Lightning Coupé

Didnt realise a vec C had a Manicat :( Thats a bit of a bugger as that is indeed the main cat. But all is not nessesarily lost. The dbilas manifold will still fit on the engine and there should be more than enough room for it in the engine bay, but you will have to have a custom downpipe made up and a new cat. Ideally if there is room in the exhaust tunnel for a small sports cat you can stick one there instead and just solder longer wires onto your lambda sensors. How much different is the chassis from the Veccy B? maybe use a veccy B downpipe? notsure.gif

Vid

Cheers Vocky, so if I had a custom downpipe made to match the rest of my exhaust and had a sports cat fitted into it, it will be ok?

Will the lambda plug be ok to fit at any point before the cat?

Thanks again, just thought I'd dropped a goolie for a minute!

vocky

Staff
I personally can see no problem :)

if it was my vec C the manifold would be as good as fitted :D

you need to copy the vecB downpipe set up, which is there is a lambda between the cast manifold and cat, then the lambda after the cat.

rushy

Ferkin hell vid! First the big brake problem..... could you imagine your mood if this went pair shaped LOL. You were planning a sports cat and custom zorst anyway weren't you?

Vid

rushy said:
Ferkin hell vid! First the big brake problem..... could you imagine your mood if this went pair shaped LOL. You were planning a sports cat and custom zorst anyway weren't you?

Yeah I was, good job really ain't it!! I spose I can justify the spending better to you know who!!

All this bad luck, I hope the 2.4 inlet manifold goes on ok Saturday! Brake parts SHOULD be here by then too, so fingers, toes, eyes, everything crossed mate!!!

Sjdickso

Staff
Thats a bit of bad luck that it isnt as straight forward as first thought but sure you will get it sorted.

What brake setup have you gone for?

Vid

Sjdickso said:
Thats a bit of bad luck that it isnt as straight forward as first thought but sure you will get it sorted.

What brake setup have you gone for?

Thanks mate. I have gone for the Vec GSi spec brakes, 314mm ones, just waiting on the carriers! I have been told that they should be here tomorrow, but then again, they should have been here last Thursday and my bits for my inlet manifold should have been here by the 15th Jan, which was only a months waiting, and they were late too!! dunno..

Not having much luck at the moment! All be sorted soon though i hope! :D

rushy

Standard vec c 285mm across range. 305mm on turbo and 52 plate GSi. 314mm on GSi and 3.0l CDTI, and I think 345mm on VXR. All have solid rear discs exept V6's which have vented rears. For such a big car the standard 285's arnt up to repeated hard use.

Sjdickso

Staff
They may fit but the astra VXR one's are 322mm, Not the cheapist upgrade £500 for the kit with standard disks then you will also need new hoses £35.

or if you are feeling flush go for the 4 pot AP setup 345mm setup at around £1600

You obviously need 18" rims for them which in your case wont be an issue.