Vectra 2.2 random ticking on startup

Hi Guys

I've new on the forum and I have a problem with my Vectra 2.2 Direct (2006). Basically its starting randomly ticking on startup. I've spoken to a few bods, who thinks its the timing chain/balancer and I can get the kits on ebay.

I've attached the video link here
Has anyone else had this problem??

Ive PM'ed Benny, and I know hes busy, Im in Bristol, but willing to travel to get this sorted, anyboidy up for the job if I get the bits??

Cheers
Tony

Just got the car back from the garage and they say its definately coming from the chain area (Had the scope on to listen), and mentioned that it maybe the hydraulic tensioner not getting enough oil/pressure till the engine is warmed up does this sound familiar to anyone??

rushy

The tensioner is becoming a big problem on the 2.2 direct it seams, the new gen kits come with a better tensioner from the z20net. Your best spending a little extra and get a gen gm kit mate, the clubs shop sells them.

Sent from my Xperia S using Tapatalk 2

RESOLVED: Hi all just a quick reply to share what this was. Turned out to be the timing chain, one of the bolts had snapped leaving the the guides to bounce around these are basically plastic and this was making the ticking noise. 1 Broken bolt.jpg
Heres the broken bolt!! :mad:
2 cracked.jpg3 Cracked.jpg4 Cracked.jpg The above pics show the the plastic guide with bits broken off arrows point to the damage (somewhere in the sump now ;) )
5 Old and new bolt.jpg6 New Guide.jpg
New bolts and guides (in much better shape) from the Timng Chain Kit bought from the shop with the new tensioner! Thanks Matt

Many Thanks to Daz and the boys for helping out on this one, they did a great job and saved my car from certain death. If you have the same problem and can get to Newport Daz is highly recomended and was very professional and VERY helpful.

Thanks to all of you who posted, I wouldnt have got it sorted without you guys.

Cheers
Tony