Veccy C Intake Pipe

mazza 2.2

Would anyone be able to help me source a veccy C intake pipe?
Appreciate any help guys. (y)

Matt

Administrator
I've read elsewhere on the web that VX have now discontinued the vectra c pipe, and they are quite difficult to get hold of

mazza 2.2

Oh no, not the answer i wanted peeps but ill just have to keep an eye out on ebay, unless someone on this forum's breaking their car and has a one for sale. I'd like first refusal :D

mazza 2.2

done and dusted guys (y) went on ebay and bought it. £38 pnp fooking hell like... but as mentioned ^^ they're a bitch to get a hold of now, so i had to be quick and stump up the cash :sick:

On the plus side recorded delivery so should be with me very soon. I've also go the ported and polished T/B coming in the next few weeks drool.gif all i need now is the standard air box and a KnN panel filter.

Matt

Administrator
mazza 2.2 said:
went on ebay and bought it. £38 pnp fooking hell like... .
f**k Me! I only paid £14 for mine from Vauxhall when I got it. You could try fitting the VXR Astra one, they are a similar size.

Daz

Former Staff
The vxr one is slightly smaller... i have one fitted in my coupe due to space issues(the vec c one dont fit with the rads moved forward).... but as said above vx have stopped doing them, any you do manage to get from them will be old stock....

Matt

Administrator
Daz said:
The vxr one is slightly smaller... i have one fitted in my coupe due to space issues(the vec c one dont fit with the rads moved forward).... but as said above vx have stopped doing them, any you do manage to get from them will be old stock....
There is a thread on VXROnline about opening up the VXR intake using some 80mm ducting, as the connector pipe from the air intake to the air box reduces down to 60mm.

rushy

Mine looks nothing like it. Yes it has the same large intake and large diameter pipe but its much longer and the intake goes right over to the other side of the slam panel. Has anyone got a part number for the one your all on about?

Matt

Administrator
mazza 2.2 said:
Now there's a thought haha. Illl be pricing up the VXR intake pipe and see if it'll be worth it or not.
VXR vs Vectra C

Attachments

• DSC_0039.jpg
    DSC_0039.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 818

mazza 2.2

cheers.. Matt i went to the post office today to collect the C pipe and i was quite impressed by the size difference over the standard. I was gonna whack it on but having seen this picture i might put this one up for sale and purchase the VXR pipe instead. dunno..
Either one i decide im still gonna need a new air box cos i bought the car with the K&N cone filter on it :confused:
So anyone got one up for sale??

graeme

mazza 2.2 said:
done and dusted guys (y) went on ebay and bought it. £38 pnp fooking hell like... but as mentioned ^^ they're a bitch to get a hold of now, so i had to be quick and stump up the cash :sick:

On the plus side recorded delivery so should be with me very soon. I've also go the ported and polished T/B coming in the next few weeks drool.gif all i need now is the standard air box and a KnN panel filter.

Flippin heck my vectra c vxr air intake only cost me £8 new from vauxhall.

mazza 2.2

thanks for making me even more sick graeme :LOL:
so theres a diffferece between the vxr one and the standard? maybe that would fit the Astra aswell. :problem:

graeme

Not sure, my vectra c has a longer intake that sits nearer the passenger side of the engine whereas the vxr one is shorter and sits on the drivers side but looks the same as the one in the picture. I know some of the other veccy c's had the shorter one. The actual intake itself is the same size as my standard one just the new part means the airs got less distance to travel across the engine. I havent got my garage keys with me as i left it in the car at work but will check for a part number tomorrow evening as i've been lazy and not got round to fitting it yet.