Vec C SRi 1.8 VVT

Andy

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the above car. Going with my old girl today to the dealer as she's after a new car and has taken a fancy to the Vec C SRi 1.8 VVT.

rushy

From what I am aware the BHP is not that far of the 2.2 but is lacking in the newton metres department so for every day driving you have to reg it a bit. The 2.2 direct is fer better, with better MPG and BHP over our SE. The VVT is going cheep though with pre reg sri's going for £10000

Andy

these are the figures according to the vx site

Maximum power: 140 @ 6300rpm
Maximum torque: 175 @ 3800rpm.

it'll be a new car as she's on motability, the deposit for a 2.2 is nearly 8 times the amount of the 1.8.

Andy

well we went to the dealer and they didn't have an sri available to test drive but i took out a design model for a spin. i'm suprised at how much room there is inside, its massive lol. she've ordered one now in black so should have it in a couple of weeks.

rushy

The vec's a super car mate in face lift form the handling has been tweaked a bit over the pre facelift, so much so they dropped the TC.

Andy

well i'm looking forward to driving it when she gets it lol. the design felt a bit of a boat, no doubt the SRi will be much better lol.

vocky

Staff
the vectra B sri out handles the vec C sri easily, the C is a bit of a barge :roll:

don't get me wrong, it's a nice barge :LOL:

Andy

well the old girl had her car Wednesday and i've been driving it around for the last 2 days.

Must admit i'm a little dissapointed. The ride is more refined than mine but it don't feel as sporty as my vec b.

vocky

Staff
way too big compared to the vec B :roll:

still I like the shape of the facelift C, but will probably get an astra to replace my vec C cryb..