Announcement Two Factor Authentication

Matt

Administrator
For the security conscious of you out there (myself included!), I've installed a two factor authentication add-on.

This allows you to sync up with Google's Authenticator app, and be prompted for an extra code when logging into your account.

This can be configured via your account:

upload_2013-11-15_14-48-36.png

The initial screen you will be presented with allows you to add a new key.

upload_2013-11-15_14-49-28.png

Click Add a New Key

This will generate the barcode which you can either scan with the app, or key in manually

upload_2013-11-15_14-50-16.png

Give it a description.

Once it's been scanned, you'll get the code in your app to add to the Verification Code box

2013-11-15 14.50.49.png

Once this has been entered and attached, you'll then see the Two-Factor Key listed.

upload_2013-11-15_14-54-9.png

Now, each time you log in, you'll need to log in using the new key.

FAQ
  1. Users complaining Google Authenticator keys not working. Ask them to go to Settings -> Time Correction -> Sync now in the Google Authenticator application and try again.
  2. Two-factor is enabled by default in 'Your Account' area. This is correct, however until the user adds a two-factor key (e.g by attaching a Google Authenticator) it will have no effect on the login process for them.
  3. Where do I get the Google Authenticator app from? For iOS it's in the iTunes store, for Android it's in the Google Play store and for Windows Phone 7.5/8 a compatible app is in the Windows Phone store.