Traction Control Switch

Martyn

Can anyone tell me if 1 of these is for the traction control?

Attachments

• DSC00104.JPG
    DSC00104.JPG
    221 KB · Views: 2,123

Martyn

OK i took the astray out and found another 2 looms what are they for? cheers guys. cheers..

Attachments

• DSC00113.JPG
    DSC00113.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 1,990

sdbutler10

here you go mate the blue one is TC and blacks are headted seats. so that plug u showed was not the loom. you need to buy one form vx

ai201.photobucket.com_albums_aa10_sdbutler10_DSC00593.jpg

dodger

Former Staff
The black and green connector is for the heated seats and the other two which you have just found the black and blue connector is for cars with an automatic gearbox i believe from what i have read before.

sdbutler10

never knew what them other two were for at the back but now i do :D the looms and be brought from vx pretty cheap mate and its an easy fit as welll.
u need a
loom
switch
panel

Martyn

I got my hopes up with that guess ill have to have ago at it now. thanks for the pic at least i know what it looks like.

Joost

I also fit it into my astra,

here are some pics:

the parts you need
(the black panel with 3 holes isn't avalible anymore)

ai6.photobucket.com_albums_y201_calibrac20ne_Astra_20Cabriolet_Nokia_N96_joost1055.jpg

step 1:
remove the relais box
ai6.photobucket.com_albums_y201_calibrac20ne_Astra_20Cabriolet_Nokia_N96_joost1060.jpg

take this connector under the relais box
ai6.photobucket.com_albums_y201_calibrac20ne_Astra_20Cabriolet_Nokia_N96_joost1061.jpg

Put the brown/white cable into this hole in the connector
ai6.photobucket.com_albums_y201_calibrac20ne_Astra_20Cabriolet_Nokia_N96_joost1062.jpg

here is the cable going into the car
ai6.photobucket.com_albums_y201_calibrac20ne_Astra_20Cabriolet_Nokia_N96_joost1063.jpg

in the car you will find the blue conector that you just put into the car
ai6.photobucket.com_albums_y201_calibrac20ne_Astra_20Cabriolet_Nokia_N96_joost1064.jpg

connect the blue cable into the new 'TC' button
ai6.photobucket.com_albums_y201_calibrac20ne_Astra_20Cabriolet_Nokia_N96_joost1095.jpg

and connect the grey cable that come out of the blue cable to the light of the sigaretlightner

TEST
ai6.photobucket.com_albums_y201_calibrac20ne_Astra_20Cabriolet_Nokia_N96_joost1096.jpg

karl hodder

ive noticed u guys talking about this traction control, is this something that would be standard on my car as i was told i had it, i have astra coupe bertone 2.2, could i just buy loom and switch and connect it up?

karl hodder

does the traction control work without this switch? or is this just to turn it off, its a bit new to me as ive never come across thiss before :?

karl hodder

after all the problems ive had and money ive spent ive had to put in a cheap push switch for now but still works a treat, its great to power into those corners without slowing down