2.4 Inlet TOP SPEED?!

Hi guys,

for now my baby is finished ( for this season (y) ).

And she now runs like a hell :)

Mods:

no precatalyst
K&N Kit
EDS Ph. 1 for 2.4 Manifold
2.4 Manifold
Vectra C Ram System ( ??? is it called Ram in English??? )
Castrol RS EDGE 0w40
Aral Ultimate 102

9:31 around the Nürburgring ( Publicdriving ) and after a long long straight Autobahn back to Bavaria the GPS ( HTC HD2 ) told me a Top Speed of 247,83 km/h or 68,84 meter per second... around 6.950 - 7.050 rpm in 5th gear

...driven to the Nürburgring the Top Speed was 242,6 km/h ( Apple iPhone 4 )...

much more than i have ever hoped!!!

Matt

Administrator
154 is a very good top speed!

Aral Ultimate sounds like 102 RON petrol, there are only a couple of BP garages over here that sell a similar product, and it's bloody expensive (~£2.40 per litre back in 06 when it was launched)

Yes you are right ... it´s bloody expensive!!!

But in mine opinion it´s worth (y) Why :think:

When iam going to a run Super Plus Petrol with 98 RON i need 11,4 Liter per 100 km -> 24.7 mpg UK ( nearly only Cityusage :silent: )

But when I go to Aral or Shell and fill up my Baby with 100 RON or more then I only need 10,2 Liter per 100 km -> 27.6 mpg UK and then its ( here in Germany ) as expensive as normal Super pertrol ( -> Range / Euro ) and I have a litte bit more Power :) or ... I think that I have more Power :shifty:

Back to my home from the Nürburgring a was behind a Golf 5 GTI and he was behind an old Porsche 924S... starting from around 80 mph

At around 100 mph the Porsche got a "signal" :twisted: from the GTI ... and the Porsche pulled over to the right ...

some meters after that ( or lets better say a long period of time ) i gave the GTI a little "signal" tel..to pull over at around 130 mph... but he didn´t
so i pulled over and tried to "attack" him... i pushed the padel so hard that i nearly broke everthing i thought... tel.. at around 140 mph we were at the same hight... at 145 i was in front of him and i pushed my Baby up to around 150 mph ... and made a gap between the Porsche and the GTI ... cheers.. i realy love my Baby ...

in this moment i thought... glad that i have Aral Ultimate 102 ... and that our Car is so slippy in the wind showo..

dedko

I was on the Autobahn just outside Frankfurt last week, and this was the most I could muster in my Doctored Astra 2.2.
V-Power 98 RON, in 5th gear, 6000 rpm, passenger and a bootload of suitcases:
yksLM.jpg

219kmh = 136mph
(TomTom says I was doing 212kmh = 131mph)​