Tell me about the LSJ head

Muncher83

I'm investigating building a new engine 63..

One of the things I'm considering is an LSJ head, can anyone tell me more about it? As far as I can tell it's not directly interchangeable but can be modified to fit, can anyone confirm this?

I could also do with the actual part number of it and suggestions on what valves should go in it...

vocky

Staff
the slight difference is the oil breather, if you fit a sc then it's not even a problem as it's designed to work with the lsj head

I will be modifying my throttle body inlet manifold slightly but otherwise you can simply drill a small hole to make the z22se/ 2.4 inlet manifold work.

vocky

Staff
here is a pic

Attachments

• dddd.JPG
    dddd.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 434

vocky

Staff
I have a bare block and craddle which I was going to use for my phase 2, but I will rebuild my original engine

it has no crank / bearings / bolts / anything !

it's yours for £15 + delivery/collection if you need it

Muncher83

Ideally I'd like a complete second engine that I could assemble but the main problem I have is getting a block which can be bored ready to accept the new pistons from the states.

Having never even taken a head off before, how difficult would it be to swap your block which has been machined into my existing engine (assuming it was out of the car). My main concern is speed and ease of installing all the new components.

alanoo

vocky said:
I have a bare block and craddle which I was going to use for my phase 2, but I will rebuild my original engine

it has no crank / bearings / bolts / anything !

it's yours for £15 + delivery/collection if you need it

Do you know how much it weighs ? For a delivery to France I mean :D

vocky

Staff
having a block already rebored saves a few days wait, but I'm not exactly in a rush :LOL:

as for delivery, I have no idea of the weight, but do know it won't be cheap

edbutler

Muncher, just to let you know, when my car is written off... If I can indeed buy it back, the head (Patriot Stg2) and bottom end will be parted out so let me know if you're still interested :)

winstar

edbutler said:
Muncher, just to let you know, when my car is written off... If I can indeed buy it back, the head (Patriot Stg2) and bottom end will be parted out so let me know if you're still interested :)

I'd be interested if muncher's not.

Don't fancy a stg 4 turbo in px?