Z22YH Swirl Flaps

Hi does anyone know how hard it is to change the Swirl Flaps on a vectra 2.2 YH engine.

I have this come up on the op-com and have managed to get a set cheap so was going to change them any one done their's ??

i had forgot to pm you lol
im free this week apart from weds

Hi I have only just seen your reply cheers.

The only day I am free this week is today as the kids are off school I can send then to their nans so No sleep.... possible too short notice for you today how long do they take to do??

I am in work on nights wed/thur/fri/sat!

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
so on saturday @Graham2704 came over and we did the swirl flaps :)

the inlet was rather dirty
WP_20141018_14_06_45_Pro.jpg

and all the connecting parts were covered
WP_20141018_14_06_38_Pro.jpg

with the inlet off you can see the flaps were sticky also the link bar was worn out and sloppy
WP_20141018_15_59_30_Pro.jpg

the crap was about 2mm deep all over
WP_20141018_16_05_40_Pro.jpg

all clean and new flaps and link bar
WP_20141018_17_31_43_Pro.jpg

graham sent me a message to say all was well on the trip home :)

Hi I got them off ebay about 7 months ago as no one was watching them (y).

To be honest there is nothing wrong with the old flaps and gaskets the only thing wrong with the link bar is it's a bit sloppy where they fit in the green and white plastic ball bits I am just cleaning them up at the min and can't see anything wrong with them . I only decided to change them as I had done the both chains,Fuel pump,fuel pressure sensor and they were sitting about in my garage so just got Carl to do them .

We took the manifold off ok if you take the ecu off move the wire back, carb off ,air box out but we took the alternator off so we didn't touch the fuel rail the 2nd picture is from under the carb full of crap but easily come off.

rushy

Has the se got swirls? And cant they be deleted like in the 1.9cdti engine.
No mate, we have a standard type manifold on ours. I've always been told you cant delete them, but I noticed a thread on here last week where a member from over the channel did his. Unfortunately his English was poor so couldn't really understand if his car ran with no errors.