Supercharging the blue lady project

tofferson

Ok need to order my crank and big end bearings and bottom end seals etc, I no they are fine been standard gm stuff but does anyone have any advice on where to buy befor I go to my local dealership :)

tofferson

Got balancer shafts out
image.jpg

tofferson

evocarlos I want to still have a daily driver so like you say prob stage 2 is best, just how lumpy is your idle with your stage 3? Does it power all ya stuff ok?

Last edited:

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
evocarlos I want to still have a daily driver so like you say prob stage 2 is best, just how lumpy is your idle with your stage 3? Does it power all ya stuff ok?
i,ll get a vid for you tomorrow its real loapy now its mapped but from what i gather the stage 2 blower and my cams are similar in loapy ness

ok heres a vid to save me taking one this is chill engine
are they stage 2 chill ?
mine are this lumpy at idle runs fine needle is all over the shop

tbf if your not planning on going over 7000rpm maybe a less aggressive more drivable cam would be better for you
mines limited by the mapping they cant get it passed 7200 even tho its set to 7700rpm hard limiter kicks in just over 7200
they tell me its being worked on and at some point i will get a call to go back for more rpm :)

chribo

I bougth the stage 2 cams and fitted it a few weeks ago. It is running realy ruff at idle at the moment but the engine isn´t mapped yet. I can tell you more about this in 3-4 weeks when it is mapped

tofferson

I bougth the stage 2 cams and fitted it a few weeks ago. It is running realy ruff at idle at the moment but the engine isn´t mapped yet. I can tell you more about this in 3-4 weeks when it is mapped
Cheers chribo it would be good to no how much it smooths it out,I've been reading up and like Carl says most people seem to like the stage 2.

chribo

I think the engine will run smoother with mapping.
I changed so many things the ECU don´t run with the right idle setup (capacity from 2.0 --> 2.2 / new crank / new cams).
It was the same as i changed the capacity from 2.2 --> 2.0
We will see...

tofferson

Does anyone no if all z22se cranks are interchangable reason I ask is the engine place has misplaced my crank I have a spare bottom end I've ripped the crank from :)