supercharger rolling road results

Matt

Administrator
£1800 is damn good value for money, especially going from NA to Forced Induction.

That sort of increase even on the VXR Astra is going to set you back close to £4.5k.

miniator

£1800 is damn good value for money, especially going from NA to Forced Induction.

That sort of increase even on the VXR Astra is going to set you back close to £4.5k.

£4.5k to get a vxr from 240 to 310?? I didnt think a remap, FMIC, exhaust and filters where that dear!?

anyhoo - Where did you get your charger from?

I see zzp performance do a full kit for about £1700 minus exhaust. Thats before duty and shipping too. Looks to be a pretty complete kit mind, and thats for Stage 2. Stage 1 is about £1550.

Would be something Id love to do when Ive the mini finished - but the lure of a VXR8/Monaro on LPG is probably too great!

Matt

Administrator
£4.5k to get a vxr from 240 to 310?? I didnt think a remap, FMIC, exhaust and filters where that dear!?
Yeah, the standard turbo runs out of puff ~300, so hybrid needed:
Courtenay Sport Stage 3'+'
Exclusive Courtenay Sport Stage 3+ Software Upgrade, 76mm (3") FULL Stainless Steel Sports Exhaust System (turbo downpipe pre-cat removal), Hi Flow Motorsport cat, Cat Back 2 Silencer System), Extra Large VXRacing High Flow Front Mounted Intercooler, Uprated Actuator to replace VXR actuator, K06 Hybrid Turbo, Turbo Gaskets, Studs and Nuts, Software customising whilst on our rolling road optimising fuelling, full boost and ignition maps, Full Power and Torque Graph Print Outs. Increases 65 - 70 bhp

e.g. 240 becomes 305-310bhp
additional power and torque over Stage 3

Approx 340+ lb ft torque £4310 Fittedincluding Rolling Road Set Up
£4250 1 silencer

miniator

Yeah, the standard turbo runs out of puff ~300, so hybrid needed:
Courtenay Sport Stage 3'+'
Exclusive Courtenay Sport Stage 3+ Software Upgrade, 76mm (3") FULL Stainless Steel Sports Exhaust System (turbo downpipe pre-cat removal), Hi Flow Motorsport cat, Cat Back 2 Silencer System), Extra Large VXRacing High Flow Front Mounted Intercooler, Uprated Actuator to replace VXR actuator, K06 Hybrid Turbo, Turbo Gaskets, Studs and Nuts, Software customising whilst on our rolling road optimising fuelling, full boost and ignition maps, Full Power and Torque Graph Print Outs. Increases 65 - 70 bhp

e.g. 240 becomes 305-310bhp
additional power and torque over Stage 3

Approx 340+ lb ft torque £4310 Fittedincluding Rolling Road Set Up
£4250 1 silencer

am i the only one that feels courtenay are somewhat, welll, over priced!?

si.c1978

uh yeah but i suppose it beats blowing the guts out of your engine! (however you dont get the job satisfaction when you pay)

pottsey

£1800 for 72bhp isnt bad on what was an n/a. Did you source the parts all yourself?
yeah i got the charger ,inlet manifold,manifold supporting bracket ,filler neck ,a knackered water pump lol and the bracket all from the states off american e bay ,cost £800 then £70 custom charges ,i got lucky and only paid charges on 1 box (y)
the z20let injectors £69 - ebay ,injector plugs ,boots pins £19 ebay.majority of the other stuff was from courtenays ,apart from the hoses clips etc which came from halfords ,and a couple of custom made parts which were done local to me

miniator

yeah i got the charger ,inlet manifold,manifold supporting bracket ,filler neck ,a knackered water pump lol and the bracket all from the states off american e bay ,cost £800 then £70 custom charges ,i got lucky and only paid charges on 1 box (y)
the z20let injectors £69 - ebay ,injector plugs ,boots pins £19 ebay.majority of the other stuff was from courtenays ,apart from the hoses clips etc which came from halfords ,and a couple of custom made parts which were done local to me

interesting....see when you bought the stuff off ebay, how did you know what was needed? Im assuming it was just the charger etc from a 2.2 Cobalt?

pottsey

interesting....see when you bought the stuff off ebay, how did you know what was needed? Im assuming it was just the charger etc from a 2.2 Cobalt?
as long as you get the charger and manifold and the bracket if possible. The water pump can be got off e bay ,also a bracket and the plug for the pump can be bought of the bay
charger comes on the chevy cobalt,ion,saturn 2.0 lsj engine
also you can use your t/b as well but if you do get the 2.0 t/b it dont quite fit without modifying ,i sold my 2.0 one as the brake reservior was in the way so i turned it then the bonnet wouldnt shut.
the only thing you need with the 2.2 t/b is a spacer plate which is available from courtenays
if you go on the vx220.org site there is someone selling 4 s/c kits on there (y)

miniator

as long as you get the charger and manifold and the bracket if possible. The water pump can be got off e bay ,also a bracket and the plug for the pump can be bought of the bay
charger comes on the chevy cobalt,ion,saturn 2.0 lsj engine
also you can use your t/b as well but if you do get the 2.0 t/b it dont quite fit without modifying ,i sold my 2.0 one as the brake reservior was in the way so i turned it then the bonnet wouldnt shut.
the only thing you need with the 2.2 t/b is a spacer plate which is available from courtenays
if you go on the vx220.org site there is someone selling 4 s/c kits on there (y)

some good info there bud - cheers!

also stumbled across this thread - https://z22se.co.uk/threads/supercharger-parts-and-information.11447/

Been a while yet til i can afford to do something like this - definitely an option though! (would probably buy a low mileage engine too, so i can easily swap flywheels, remove balance shafts etc)

Last edited by a moderator:

pottsey

some good info there bud - cheers!

also stumbled across this thread - https://z22se.co.uk/threads/supercharger-parts-and-information.11447/

Been a while yet til i can afford to do something like this - definitely an option though! (would probably buy a low mileage engine too, so i can easily swap flywheels, remove balance shafts etc)
just realised you have the astra which means the 2.0 t/b should fit as the power steering reservior isnt in the way ,plus in the astra engine bay your as restricted for room as the vec is.
the only other thing to think about if you do go ahead is to get a 2.5" exhaust system as the s/c works better with this .its not vital to have the exhaust manifold changed also the standard cams are good to go as well
i think if you go on courtenays website you will see pics of mark watts old s/c astra

Last edited by a moderator:

pottsey

i was speaking with a lad on monday in courtenays who was having a load of work done on his corsa ,he had travelled up from hitchin ,herts .he said he wouldnt have any body else do work on his car apart from courtenays ,he said he went on regals website and it just wasnt up to scratch ,wasnt as imformative as cms .being on several forums myself ive not really seen much good said about regals .
ive found cms very reasonably priced,im happy to deal with them .good bunch of people who certainly know there stuff (y)

JohnnyN

Former Staff
Been using them myself for 6 years now. You get what you pay for. I travel 263 miles door to door for them to work on my car.

Matt

Administrator
I'm also by no means a courtenay fanboy, but having had them work on my cars previously, I've never had issues, they know what they are doing, have always been very helpful with any questions. If you look at their prices compared to Regal / TMS, they are pretty much on par.