So could these Turbo kits in the states be fitted to UK cars

poormansporsche

ala this sort of thing???

cheap at £1700 odd ! I know there should be vat and import duty but there is always round it :D

http://www.turbo-kits.com/cavalier_turbo_kits.html

hahn_sunfire_cavalier_turbo_kit.jpg

Brett

vocky

Staff
the biggest problem will be the mapping and the fuel rail is different, we have the 2003> usa spec rail, the early usa cars used a different fuel rail to the euro z22se :?

2.2T

hmmm might just be me but if i were to turbocharge any vehicle of mine that isnt a factory turbo engine i would not be looking at a bolt on kit. I understand that it may be considered easy but do your homework as i am doing and source parts yourself, would possibly end up with more power, less lag .etc if u can be arsed getting better matching parts for your situation.

Anthony

sdbutler10

well i emailed them and got this replie

Hmmm... Unfortunately, we have not yet had the chance to install the kit onthat application, as we do not have that vehicle here in the US. If you dohave the same motor, the kit should bolt to the motor but additionalmodifications and or tuning may be required in order to get the kit up andrunning properly. I am sorry that I do not have a better answer for you.Please let me know if you have any further questions or would like to order.Thanks!

Hexstatic

i was looking at these kits aswell,

for the amoung you save (about 3k) im sure you could afford to sort out what minor fitting problems there may be....

just my thoughts ! :D