sluggish/missfire/kangaroo'ing

Razuddin

Working my way through the issues on my car, the next thing to annoy me is the sluggishness of it. Between 1500 and 2500 rpm its seems like sonethings holding it back. Once over 2500/3000 it starts to move more freely. What coukd this be? Nothing comes up on opcom accordingly. The egr has been replaced in august 2013 with a brand new part (not sure if genuine gm).

Also took the egr to clean along with the throttle body the inlet manifold has quite a bit of oil in it ai i want to blank off the egr (twist sideways, leave it connected). Which blanking plate do i need? Ive seen some with holes some without, different shapes etc

Sounds like a faulty front lambda sensor to me.
Get it connected to a diagnostics cable and watch the reading for the O2 sensors. The first sensor should be pulsing up and down smoothly from about 100mv - 900mv.
The second sensor should be a smooth 450mv at idle if your cat is working properly.
If you cant get it plugged in try disconnecting the front sensor and see if it alters the drivability.
Does the car seem to be using a lot of fuel?

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
Working my way through the issues on my car, the next thing to annoy me is the sluggishness of it. Between 1500 and 2500 rpm its seems like sonethings holding it back. Once over 2500/3000 it starts to move more freely. What coukd this be? Nothing comes up on opcom accordingly. The egr has been replaced in august 2013 with a brand new part (not sure if genuine gm).

Also took the egr to clean along with the throttle body the inlet manifold has quite a bit of oil in it ai i want to blank off the egr (twist sideways, leave it connected). Which blanking plate do i need? Ive seen some with holes some without, different shapes etc
the plate without hole found in the z22se shop :) got the one on my 2nd astra turned and blanked

after reading the op is it just for a split second at 2000-2500 then it takes off ?
thought they all had this in standard form mine did until i fitting a k&n filter and a cat back exhaust but the new one has a normal filter and normal exhaust and it dont happen lol

op-com / engine / z22se / measuring blocks/ page 2 (i think for lambda readings)

Razuddin

Its hard to describe. Its as if the car wants to go, tries to shift then something holds it back. It stays sluggish until it gets pass 2500 rpm then it starts moving without anu jerkiness. I will try reading the o2 sensor readings on opcom. The fuel consumption seems quite good (in my book) i get approx 70-80 miles to £20. Not sure if thats good or bad

Razuddin

Ive plugged opcom in and the voktage on bank 1 sensor 1 is fluctuating between 98mv and 859mv. Flicking between rich and lean on idle. Bank 1 sensor 2 is sitting at 700mv. The air to fuel is showing as rich.

700mv is high for the post cat sensor. Can you take a log file with your opcom cable and post it?
Also, Bank 1 sensor 2 always shows as rich no matter what the voltage reading is.

Razuddin

Dan, Can I just check do you want the log file for the o2 sensor? Ive taken a log file but its for stuff like egr, engine, rpm etc. But not the o2 sensor readings :(

Razuddin

I think mine has limited data. I went into the engine module, started looking at live data and logged it. This is the values its logged. I think im doing it wrong:

ai161.photobucket.com_albums_t216_rashel007_Livedata_2.jpg

Attachments

• ai161.photobucket.com_albums_t216_rashel007_Livedata.jpg
    ai161.photobucket.com_albums_t216_rashel007_Livedata.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 206
  • ai161.photobucket.com_albums_t216_rashel007_Livedata_2.jpg
    ai161.photobucket.com_albums_t216_rashel007_Livedata_2.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 190
The log file should contain the data from all the sensors on the module you are connected to when recording the data to the log file.
The other sensor values should be in the cells to the right which aren't shown in your screenshot.

Log1.jpg

Log2.jpg

Log3.jpg

Log4.jpg

Razuddin

Also ive blanked off the EGR today. Left it connected hovering over the gearbox using a GM blanking plate. Dirves a bit better without the EGR however the sluggishness is still there

cav24v

It's worth a quick look in the plugholes to see if they are full of water.
I had similar symptoms with both my Sri 150 (water from cracked head) & my cav v6 (oil from leaking cam cover).