Refill / Bleed Brakes

z22se-fan

Hi all,

During last mot I was adviced to change the front brake hoses / pipes due to wear and tear and corroding. So I got a set of braided ones for front and rear and installed them yesterday. After removing the old pipes I've put on the new ones, checked all the connections and went refilling and bleeding the system.

Now for some reason I only get brake fluid running through the right rear and front left calipers. The fluid doesn't seem to reach the other two calipers somehow.

Now there's probably an airlock somewhere... I have a pressure bleeding kit (2bar max) and brake fluid remained in the reservoir at all times above the MIN level.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get brake fluid running through the whole system?

Last edited:

Daz

Former Staff
Bleed them manually. Starting at the furthest away fron the master cylinder...keeping the res topped up at all times.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Daz

Former Staff
Yup with the pedal fella. Fill the res to the top with fluid and do one . Then top up and do another and so on

Daz

Former Staff
You want to do nice slow presses of the pedal and release. No pumping fast.

z22se-fan

Well, tried the manual bleeding procedure nic and slow. Still the same thing: rear right and front left are responding normally, rear left and front right not a drop of fluid. I did notice that with the pressure kit the reservoir-level lowered a little bit so it must be going somewhere. Maybe it's a case of being really patient?

z22se-fan

Oops, forgot to report back. Problem is solved, brake system has been bled in the garage with professional equipment. Braking is excellent now. Cheers for your help!