Recall

mjc2.2

I was just wondering whether VX would cover the cost of the repair work or at least half the cost? my chasis # is 11087780 does this fall into the affected # what..

DJCBR

From my trawling the internet...
I understand that affected Vectra VINs are LLLLLLLnn[1703 to 1706]nnnn. My part of the VIN is 1710 which seems to suggest mine isn't affected. However...

I also understand that affected engine numbers are those before 11065400. My engine number is 11039677 which seems to suggest it is affected!

You say your chassis # is 11087780. It's looks more like an engine # to me & from the info I've gleaned from the 'net I think your engine was built after the affected batch.

Hopefully someone with infinitely more knowledge will be along soon to help both of us & correct the above info if I'm wrong, as I'm also worried & in need of advice:

My Z22SE Vectra is a (Jan 2002 registered) 51 plate CD auto & (luckily) it runs fine. The only reason I found out about this problem is 'cos it's just come upto 40k miles & I thought "time for a timing belt change" to be informed by my local independant garage that it's a chain (numptie that I am!!). I then checked on Google & found this can of worms.

Given my VIN & Engine # (above) can anyone here help me too, to find out if my Vectra (which I love to bits) is affected?
I've phoned my original Vx dealer that I bought the car from (Network Q) & they have no record of a recall on it (as it's actually a re-work) & also no record of the mod being done.
I've phoned Vx in Luton (quoting field remedy 1532) & they fobbed me off saying there was nothing on their system & telling me to take it to a local dealer for inspection - no doubt at my own cost.

Now I've also heard that if the bolt by the timing chain cover has chamfers on its corners then the engine is OK - but also heard that this may not always be the case. Any input on this? My camera's not the smallest thing, so it was tricky squeezing it in there but here's the pics:

ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y35_DJCBR_Nut2.jpg
ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y35_DJCBR_Nut1.jpg
[/img]

benny

Trader
ALL vectra b's and pre march 2002 astras (thats build date not reg date)with there original engine are affected and need the modded kits they did do some mods to the engines but this was to replace one of the runners and the tenstioner they didnt replace the oil jet ..!!hope this clears things up a little .....

Craig

benny said:
ALL vectra b's and pre march 2002 astras (thats build date not reg date)with there original engine are affected and need the modded kits they did do some mods to the engines but this was to replace one of the runners and the tenstioner they didnt replace the oil jet ..!!hope this clears things up a little .....

Mine is a 2001 and according to vauxhall is not affected, i called them and got them to check and mine was ok for the cam chain but not for the aircon (which has now had the bracket fitted).

Andy

Craig said:
Mine is a 2001 and according to vauxhall is not affected, i called them and got them to check and mine was ok for the cam chain but not for the aircon (which has now had the bracket fitted).

to be honest vauxhall seem to be telling people their engine isn't affected regardless of wether it is or isn't.

i've been told twice that mine isn't affected by vauxhall, i'm getting my chain done soon so i'll find out for sure if mine has the smaller oil jet or not.

sri2.2est

Mine is a 2002 and according to vauxhall it is not affected. but its a vectra b so will be having mine done as soon as i got the money :roll:

Andy

yeah better to be safe than sorry, i for one can't afford a new engine which is why i'm getting it done.

off to vx in a bit to order my parts :D

goatboy

Yep, I'm the same as mjc2.2. That vauxhall recall centre seem to be rubbish. They told me twice it wasn't affected but my local garage said it was. And it still had the old nozzle on!